cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue light filter in game app?

Dan1018
Adventurer
does exist an app for oculus rift that give a blue light filter for preventing issues at the crystalline lens? Oculus can you make this option if it's possible please?
7 REPLIES 7

Lumsrouge
Explorer
I agree. PLEASE.
Not a crazy hard thing to devellop. Even an intern could do it.

Roaster
Rising Star
You'd get it sooner by wearing amber or orange lens glasses, like blue-blockers.  Totally messes up the colors of course, but no blue comes through.
Oculus wants everyone to see the same thing, so it's unlikely they'd give us color controls.
Put in a support ticket to state it's a problem.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why, as far as I can see there is no real proof of any benefit.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

dan108 said:

I see a whole lot of "Citation needed" in that article.

Dan1018
Adventurer

TwoHedWlf said:

dan108 said:

the chapters "On eye health" and "On circadian rhythm and sleep" have not, they seems legit, and you can find references at the bottom of the page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dan108 said:

TwoHedWlf said:

dan108 said:

the chapters "On eye health" and "On circadian rhythm and sleep" have not, they seems legit, and you can find references at the bottom of the page.

Was I reading the same post you linked to?, there is nothing definitive there at all, it is all "may" or sentences like this "  It is hypothesized that the mitochondrial absorbance of short wavelength, high-energy, light-including blue light could exacerbate retinal ganglion cell death " based on frequencies that go up to UV and no indication of how much exposure etc. in the test.
"
It is claimed [16] the timing people receive light should be taken into consideration, as blue light can also prevent sleep when absorbed at night from devices[citation needed]." sound convincing, not.