cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't toggle Direct Display Mode

arcon
Explorer
Hey,

ive used the search engine but didnt find any thread - (if you search for direct display mode you find tousands of threads.)

the thing is - i cant switch the display modes - its just "greyed out" like you can see in the picture...

has anybody got that problem ? is there any correction to that ?

The Rift is Extend set in the Resolution Center from Windows 8

im using win8 with my system (see in signature)

DK2 Info: Order ID: FM-1042XXX | Date: Mar 19, 2014 09:53 AM PDT | Status: Delivered (04.08)
16 REPLIES 16

arcon
Explorer
Really? Nobody had that issue?
DK2 Info: Order ID: FM-1042XXX | Date: Mar 19, 2014 09:53 AM PDT | Status: Delivered (04.08)

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
"arcon" wrote:

I'm sure that people are having this issue as well, but you've only waited ten hours for a response.
Also, if you'd like help, try posting in the "Community Support" thread. You'll have a lot more people that have ideas to help you there.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

bilago
Honored Guest
"arcon" wrote:

Run my Oculus Service Manager utility, press Troubleshoot issue, and then send me the contents that it puts on your clipboard.
[Obsolete] Oculus Service Manager - https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11395 [Unofficial] VR Game Manager - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12754

EarlGrey
Expert Protege
When I first ran the config manager I had the same issue.

I can't remember what I did, but it involved restarting the PC, manually switching to extended mode and then turn off extended mode... basically make lots of changes and hope it will "click".

Anonymous
Not applicable
+1
I also have this issue with no solution.
Win 7 64bit on AMD PC with nVidia 780gtx.

Andy

kaetemi
Honored Guest
Tried disabling the Rift monitor from the nVidia or AMD control panel first?

arcon
Explorer
Tried all the listed things above.

i also tried to Re-Install the Catalyst driver... because over the google search i found that resolve.. but i didnt work for me 😞

hmm - it wouldnt bother me if all demos would work - but apparently the UE4 dont. They dont appear on the screen - and some of the Unity either.

hmmm

sephirenn
Honored Guest
Hello! I've had the exact same issue for a week now and have not been able to find a fix for this. However on the bright side, all of the demo's still work correctly in extended mode, and just using the correct workarounds for each program (using directtorift executables, stoping the service in the task manager, etc). Hopefully the new SDK fixes will resolve this issue, as I do not know what else to try...

sephirenn
Honored Guest
Just wanted to bump this topic as it doesn't seem like a fix was released with the new SDK. Any word on what is causing this?