cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross platform

warmfirecolt
Honored Guest

If i want to play beat saber with someone on steam can i own beat saber on the oculus app on my pc? Or do i have to own it on steam.

4 REPLIES 4

kojack
MVP
MVP

According to Beat Games: https://beatsaber.com/faq.html

Beat Saber multiplayer supports cross-headset play within the Oculus ecosystem, so you can play with friends regardless of whether they own a Rift, Quest, or Quest 2. Currently, cross-play across Steam, Oculus and PlayStation platforms is not planned.

So Steam and Oculus versions can't do multiplayer together.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

As someone who actually own Bs on steam and quest i can confirm you can only play with other Quest users with the Oculus store Quest version...............BUT, all is not lost, you can make the game crossplay with the steam version via sidequest and then installing the Beattogether mod, and that will allow your Quest version to play with steamvr versions.......and yes it is not the besy solution but it is all Quest users have at this time, so hope that clear things up for you. 😉

Oh and if you have a Quest you should have sidequest on it by default as it is too good a mod not to have on your Quest. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Hmm, what happened to my post? The signature somehow got merged into the middle of the text.

😲

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@kojack wrote:

Hmm, what happened to my post? The signature somehow got merged into the middle of the text.

😲

Try pasting as plain text next time, i noticed since the new fourms it doesn't like certain characters together and auto adjusts to hypertext.