cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the 1060 3g enough for reading text in vr and casual vr'ing

Anonymous
Not applicable
 I  bought a dell 5680 for light to casual gaming ,I also went ahead and purchased a rift also light to casual gaming. When looking through the rift is kinda hard to see the text unless I move close to them .is that because of my setup or is that just vr. I have $900 in this setup , I thought about sending it back and step up to a Alienware with i7 and a 1080 card with 16g of ram . For around $160...0. Since I am a causal vr player ,would the $1600 unit be a better choice and would it help on reading the text further away. I mostly plan on watching Netflix vr /and look light vr gaming, would and extra $700 be worth the investment. I also know I can purchase a Walmart gaming computer cheaper or have one built but I only plan on buying through dell ,they have always treated me well with warranty
5 REPLIES 5

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'd say the i7 AW with a 1080 is great if you're a heavy gamer. A 1060 6gb is a better option for now. The text I'm afraid is a result of the current round of headsets. Hopefully visual improvements won't be long in coming, maybe late this year or next we'll hear something. I'd save up your money and get a system later down the line that will benefit next gen, hope this helps ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ohhhh not forgetting the Oculus Quest is due out in a few months.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

YoLolo69
Trustee
The more powerful your machine is the more Supersampling (aka pixel density) you can add and that's make text less blurry. For example I cannot read instruments on my flying sims (IL-2) without at least SS at 1.5. That don't change obviously the native resolution of our headset but really make things sharper, at a cpu/gpu cost.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that was a worthwhile post :trollface:

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Maybe he forgot the quest was out in a few months?