cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not looking forward to when Vive PRO releases

danknugz
Superstar
going to make the CV1 look even worse, and feel like I am using a subpar piece of hardware. unfortunately I am committed to the oculus platform unless I decide to set up a whole new lighthouse system (not happening unless oculus decide to continue to be annoying and not releasing an updated rift)

not too happy with oculus right now.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
145 REPLIES 145

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

My big thing for my next VR upgrade is wireless. I've gotten tangled in my Rift cables several times playing Dead Effect, Sairento, and the Lab. Its annoying as hell. TP Cast's solution seems to work but its a little hackish in that you have to flash the firmware on it and such. I'm waiting for a better solution. If the Vive Pro comes out and the 1st party wireless is good, I'll probably move over to that for awhile assuming Oculus hasn't announced something better/better 3rd party wireless for the Rift becomes available.

This is certainly problematic, however, I plan to simply hang my Rift from the ceiling. There are tons of very inexpensive DIY ideas out there. This eliminates the tangled problem very easily; plus I still preferred Tethered for anything that involves competition. I have a wired mouse, keyboard, Ethernet cable (Internet), and I plan to keep my VR HMD wired for as long as possible.

Anytime I'm doing competitive gaming, I prefer the reliability that comes from being tethered.

Syrellaris
Rising Star

I dare say the same words of comfort are going to come from the developers of directed wireless power, now that's a technology I'm going to avoid having in my house.

As long as directed wireless power isn't ionizing or on a high wavelength in the non ionizing radiation spectrum, it will be perfectly save to use.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wireless stuff is fine. My tin foil hat takes care of that. Potentially exploding batteries on the other hand are a different kettle of fish altogether!!! 😮

I learnt a long time ago that doing favours like rerouting a phone socket for a lady is much more likely to yield beneficial results than arguing over the science of emf health issues

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I learnt a long time ago that doing favours like rerouting a phone socket for a lady is much more likely to yield beneficial results than arguing over the science of emf health issues

oooh, I like what you got cookin'

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

I dare say the same words of comfort are going to come from the developers of directed wireless power, now that's a technology I'm going to avoid having in my house.

As long as directed wireless power isn't ionizing or on a high wavelength in the non ionizing radiation spectrum, it will be perfectly save to use.

You mean this wasnt a TPcast display at the last VR expo?
yr1oup0brnns.png
WAAAGH!