cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re oculus go games apps

oliver1111
Protege
When the oculus go come out how do you download all the games and do you need a gear vr or just account because I am new to vr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CrashFu
Consultant

MAC_MAN86 said:

I am doubting you'll get anything like the same games we get for CV1.

Well, no, the Oculus Go is expected to be more like what you'd get with a high-end phone and Gear VR, without having to own a high-end phone.

Of course a Rift with a good PC will be better, but the Go will cost such a fraction of the cost, it will be great for getting new people into VR (who can't afford other VR systems)
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CrashFu
Consultant
As I understand it, the Oculus Go is a completely self-contained system, so you won't need anything besides what comes with it (and access to wi-fi so it can download stuff)

Now I'm curious how much internal storage space it actually has.. hmm.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

CrashFu
Consultant

MAC_MAN86 said:

Well, no, the Oculus Go is expected to be more like what you'd get with a high-end phone and Gear VR, without having to own a high-end phone.

Of course a Rift with a good PC will be better, but the Go will cost such a fraction of the cost, it will be great for getting new people into VR (who can't afford other VR systems)

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAC_MAN86 said:

Of course not, it's basically a Gear VR on steroids 😮

CrashFu said:

As I understand it, the Oculus Go is a completely self-contained system, so you won't need anything besides what comes with it (and access to wi-fi so it can download stuff)

Now I'm curious how much internal storage space it actually has.. hmm.

Two flavours: 32GB or 64GB, apparently.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3