cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ughhh

thelandofthedav
Honored Guest
When my rift arrives i want to get busy on making my own worlds to play around in. But after downloading a lot of demo's it will be a while before i get to making my own stuff. So much cool looking stuff to play with right away.
8 REPLIES 8

MangaCorps
Honored Guest
Thanks for the Tweet!
{}\/{}anga

uzimonkey
Honored Guest
I know what you mean, but honestly you'll want to be playing with these demos for a while when you get your rift. If you're anything like me, you'll have to get used to the motion sickness, and then really take a look at how traditional environments in games give you a sense of space in the rift, and see all the new and interesting things being done in the demos. I say take it slow, take in what's there, enjoy and give it time.

Bleppe
Adventurer
"uzimonkey" wrote:
I know what you mean, but honestly you'll want to be playing with these demos for a while when you get your rift. If you're anything like me, you'll have to get used to the motion sickness, and then really take a look at how traditional environments in games give you a sense of space in the rift, and see all the new and interesting things being done in the demos. I say take it slow, take in what's there, enjoy and give it time.

I'm one of the lucky ones who don't get motionsick, it is however pretty easy to get disoriented so I agree with uzimonkey, you should spend some time with the demos, just to get your bearings what it means to be inside a virtual world.
The only time I feel a little dizzy is when the loadingscreens in HL2 pop up. It's a very weird feeling when the game freezes in a loadingscreen and the headtracker doesn't work.

thelandofthedav
Honored Guest
Last night i loaded up a demo. It was called sharkmountain (i think, your on a sled in snow).... My rift is not here yet so i was playing this on a monitor. At one point i crashed and flipped over. I wondered when that happened what the hell that is going to feel like with the rift on. I mean my brain will think im upside down but my body is going to be telling it otherwise. But i agree with you both on taking it slow. I can see that my own curious nature is going to keep me playing demo's and such for a long time. There is a ton of content out there.

Someguitarist
Explorer
Flipping over isn't too-too bad. You'll get used to it. Just try some demos, and take it slow.

dubster
Honored Guest
"thelandofthedave" wrote:
When my rift arrives i want to get busy on making my own worlds to play around in. But after downloading a lot of demo's it will be a while before i get to making my own stuff. So much cool looking stuff to play with right away.

kurror
Honored Guest
Stop posting crap, please.

Go learn something if you are bored...

xSpektre
Honored Guest
"kurror" wrote:
Stop posting crap, please.

Go learn something if you are bored...

+1 - The 'topic' made me cringe.
Order 608xx: ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!