cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was the charging port melting fixed

eris.vesel
Honored Guest

hello Im thinking about buying a oculus quest 2 headset but I dont know if the fixed the melting of the charging port problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I haven't heard of any hardware revisions but i also haven't heard that it's a widespread problem. A USB socket is always going to be a weak point, all the more so when it's used to mount a cable that could see some serious action. Treat it with respect (use Airlink or VD instead of Link if you can) and I very much doubt you'll have problems. If you play active games and must use Link, consider finding a way to strap the last few inches of the cable to your  headband to minimise movement at the socket.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I haven't heard of any hardware revisions but i also haven't heard that it's a widespread problem. A USB socket is always going to be a weak point, all the more so when it's used to mount a cable that could see some serious action. Treat it with respect (use Airlink or VD instead of Link if you can) and I very much doubt you'll have problems. If you play active games and must use Link, consider finding a way to strap the last few inches of the cable to your  headband to minimise movement at the socket.

Dablindmanjdc
Honored Guest

They Have not.  My charging port melted

Mine just did yesterday as well, burning my hand. And yes it was and Always has been charged with the port and charging cable that came with the oculus. 

ZFury
Honored Guest

My port recently melted. Sent it back and got a refurbed model in decent amount of time which I was impressed with. What I wasn't impressed with was the refurbed quest 2 charge port not working again within a week and seems to damage any cable I attach to it. Sorting it out with support again which was pretty good the first time around. 

Were you still under warranty? Mine melted over the holiday weekend and I’ve got a case submitted on it, but my warranty expired a few weeks ago. I got the “we take safety seriously and will be in touch in 24-48 hours” line.

Mine wasn’t under warranty and I will say they gave me no problems about replacing it with a new one. It took a bit for them to send me the free mailing postage but once they did the process moved quickly with no issues. I was very surprised. Though I still think this shouldn’t be happening like it is.

Same situation here. They indicated they may replace it with a refurbished unit, but that they’ll send me a label to ship my melted unit to them and they’ll replace it.

Yes, I remember they told me they may replace. And they did with no issues so I’m sure they will do the same for you

My just did today will I was playing it