cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Developer Hub Build Upload Error

Moardak
Explorer

I don't know what's changed but I am no longer able to upload a build to my app lab app alpha channel using Oculus Developer Hub on my desktop computer (months ago it used to work). I get the error "Build Upload Error - an error has occurred" and nothing else. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling ODH multiple times, and this error has persisted even through updates of the last 2 new versions of ODH. This only happens on my desktop computer. If I try to upload the same exact build through ODH on my laptop, it works as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Moardak
Explorer

Finally figured out the issue after Oculus support pointed me at trying to use ovr-platofmr-util.exe to upload the build. It's the same tool ODH uses.

It game me this error:

PS H:\ovr-platform-util> .\ovr-platform-util.exe help
node:fs:585
  handleErrorFromBinding(ctx);
  ^

Error: UNKNOWN: unknown error, open 'D:\full-fbsource\arvr\js\node_modules\yargs\locales\en.json'
    at Object.openSync (node:fs:585:3)
    at Object.openSync (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:739:32)
    at Object.readFileSync (node:fs:453:35)
    at Object.readFileSync (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1025:36)
    at o._readLocaleFile (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js)
    at o.__ (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js)
    at C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js)
    at C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js
    at a (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js) {
  errno: -4094,
  syscall: 'open',
  code: 'UNKNOWN',
  path: 'D:\\full-fbsource\\arvr\\js\\node_modules\\yargs\\locales\\en.json'
}

I looked up that error and found this thread:

Which had the workaround to this bug. I have a Blu-ray drive assigned to drive letter D. I changed the drive letter to something else and the error went away. ODH also started working.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

emre.dev
Honored Guest

I've got the same issue. In my case, I was able to upload a build to alpha release channel 3-4 days ago. However, I am not able to do so currently. I have tried uploading the build by using ovr-platform-util with command line but it does not upload it. How can i solve this issue? Thanks

JP_MightyCoconut
Explorer

Similar issue. Had no issues until recently updating from ovr-platform-util 1.67.0.000001 to 1.76.0.000001. I'm guessing it's related to the recent v43 patch for some reason.

emre.dev
Honored Guest

Well, I have ultimately found a way of uploading the build: Creating a new application on Oculus Developer Dashboard.

- Go to the dashboard and remove the old application and create a new one.

- Make sure that you do not use the same package name if you are using Unity to make applications for Quest 2. 

- also do not forget to update App ID on Unity.

I am not sure this is an ideal way of solving the problem. However, there is a bug with the current patch.

Moardak
Explorer

I still haven't found a solution. I'm still stuck uploading on my laptop. Creating a new application is not an option for me. 

Moardak
Explorer

Finally figured out the issue after Oculus support pointed me at trying to use ovr-platofmr-util.exe to upload the build. It's the same tool ODH uses.

It game me this error:

PS H:\ovr-platform-util> .\ovr-platform-util.exe help
node:fs:585
  handleErrorFromBinding(ctx);
  ^

Error: UNKNOWN: unknown error, open 'D:\full-fbsource\arvr\js\node_modules\yargs\locales\en.json'
    at Object.openSync (node:fs:585:3)
    at Object.openSync (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:739:32)
    at Object.readFileSync (node:fs:453:35)
    at Object.readFileSync (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1025:36)
    at o._readLocaleFile (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js)
    at o.__ (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js)
    at a (C:\snapshot\D_Zfull-fbsource\edenfs\redirections\arvr\js\temp\build-ovr-platform-util\lib\ovr_platform_util.js) {
  errno: -4094,
  syscall: 'open',
  code: 'UNKNOWN',
  path: 'D:\\full-fbsource\\arvr\\js\\node_modules\\yargs\\locales\\en.json'
}

I looked up that error and found this thread:

Which had the workaround to this bug. I have a Blu-ray drive assigned to drive letter D. I changed the drive letter to something else and the error went away. ODH also started working.

Ostermalm
Honored Guest

For me the solution was to move an old version of the Oculus Developer Hub (2.7.0) to my computer. I didn't have the installer so I just moved the entire folder over. The new version (3.0.0) would just fail silently while showing the "uploading" graphic.

thedrhax14
Honored Guest

For me the solution was removal of a package that was accessing camera which is not supported in Meta Quest 2 and that permission had to be removed entirely. That error only showed up when I tried to upload build with a builder number that was uploaded before basically triggering the error message which shows all errors. Not sure why manifest related errors don't show up otherwise.

RootPi.AB
Honored Guest

I have had the same problem the last few days. However I made one change to my uploading which made the difference between failure and success which was moving the APK from this path:

C:\Users\jeppe\Projects\UmeåVR\builds\24_01_05_x64.apk

to this one:

C:\Users\jeppe\OneDrive\Documents\24_01_05_x64.apk

I am convinced the problem lies in having non-standard-ascii characters in the path. This worked for me and seems to be in line with what others have suggested worked in this thread (such as moving to another drive).

The bug seems only to appear when updating an existing app however, as uploading the very first version is not a problem even with non-ascii characters in the path.