cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d app running in 2d

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks, I'm trying to build a basic XR app for Oculus Quest 2 with a Unity 3D project. The app gets built and runs successfully, but gets run in 2D(kind of like the Oculus Browser/Events/TV) as opposed to entering VR. This behavior is not consistently reproducible but happens sometimes. Any ideas as to what could be causing this or how to get more predictable behavior?

I'm using an Intel Macbook Pro, Unity 2020.3.21f1 with 3D template. I have XR Interaction Toolkit, XR PLugin management and Oculus XR Plugin installed.

Build Settings -> API level 23 or higher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's worth a check that the Oculus or OpenXR plug-in is actually ticked as enabled in the Unity XR Management section - and not just on the desktop tab (which makes checking the app in desktop mode possible while developing) but also the android one.
When I get this problem it's always when I first push a build apk to the Quest and it's because I've forgotten to tick the Android one, not just the PC one.

tempsnip.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It's worth a check that the Oculus or OpenXR plug-in is actually ticked as enabled in the Unity XR Management section - and not just on the desktop tab (which makes checking the app in desktop mode possible while developing) but also the android one.
When I get this problem it's always when I first push a build apk to the Quest and it's because I've forgotten to tick the Android one, not just the PC one.

tempsnip.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

You were so right! Enabling it fixed the issue. Thank you so much for your response!! It saved me hours of debugging 🙂