cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Logcat Full of Errors

AS_TPG
Explorer

Hi!

I'm experiencing an issue with debugging where the only thing that shows up in Android Logcat is a gigantic stream of errors.

Here are a few of the highlights - there seem to be no ends to the new errors it will throw:

Error      | Tracking             | AnchorCacheHelpers: Nearby anchor does not exist in shared memory!

Error      | SyncBossHAL    | [error  ] syncboss_hal_input_helpers.c(177): Failure reading cache data when attempting to check if input is awake

Error      | [CT]                    | SpatialAnchorPipeline: [Throttled count=49] checkStateEq: getActiveGuardian Called in an invalid state. IDLE

Error      | AppOps             | java.lang.SecurityException: Specified package system under uid 1000 but it is not

Error      | SensorService   | No syncboss_data_type_hmd_disp event received since

Error      | scm_call failed   | func id 0x42001907, ret: -1, syscall return: 0x0, 0x0, 0x0

Error      |                            | Failed to create IPC log0

Fatal       | pcie                   | pcie_init.

Error      | perfservice        | Failed validation - Before: 6 - After: 6

Error      | perfservice        | Pass 2 - Could not write: /sys/class/devfreq/soc:qcom,cpu-llcc-ddr-bw/min_freq=790

Error      | TREX                  | Interface version 1 was not found. Check debug build for more information.

 

Most of these occur any time I try to connect adb. When I build to the device, it sends a few more specific messages:

Error      | (packagename) | Not starting debugger since process cannot load the jdwp agent.

Error      | libprocessgroup | set_timerslack_ns write failed: Operation not permitted

(that last message writes about 16 times)

Error      | TREX                  | Interface version 3 was not found. Check debug build for more information.

I could post full logs but honestly it's an overwhelming mess and hopefully I've included some of the more important messages.

 

Significantly, the behavior of the game is unchanged - the headset is able to communicate with the computer over WiFi. The game builds and runs on the headset perfectly fine, but no Unity debug messages come through on Android Logcat.

 

I've tried Googling a lot of these errors and I haven't found anything useful. I've tried restarting the computer, the headset, reinstalling Logcat, etc. to no effect. Any ideas welcome, as I'm stuck and don't have any leads.

My headset is the Quest 2 and my Unity version is 2022.3.5f1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AS_TPG
Explorer

To my great shame, I must report that I forgot that I had filtered Logcat to only show errors. This results in, if you will believe it, a console full of errors and no debug log messages. The reason that none of the errors show up on Google is because none of them noticeably interfere with the function of the headset, so naturally nobody complains about them.

I should try sleeping more.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AS_TPG
Explorer

To my great shame, I must report that I forgot that I had filtered Logcat to only show errors. This results in, if you will believe it, a console full of errors and no debug log messages. The reason that none of the errors show up on Google is because none of them noticeably interfere with the function of the headset, so naturally nobody complains about them.

I should try sleeping more.