cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps launching in a window on the Oculus Go

AIEMelb
Honored Guest
Hi all,
I'm making a game for Oculus Go using Unity and everything has been working fine all week, then suddenly it started behaving very strangely.
When I go Build and Run in Unity, it appears to build successfully, there are no error messages and unity says Build Successful.
Then in the Oculus Go, the game appears as a non-interactive window in the place of the normal Home screen, as a floating curved window.
The OS is still visible in the background and the OS menu is still visible below. The game is updating (things are moving) but I can't interact with it.

I have no idea why it suddenly started doing this, everything was fine one moment then not the next. I don't recall changing any scripts in between, I definitely didn't change any player settings.

I didn't even think lanching an app in a window like this was possible.
Does anyone know what might be causing it and how I can get it to go back to being full screen?

I have tried rebooting the Oculus Go and Unity.
8 REPLIES 8

Geist2501
Explorer
I had a very similar problem in my first steps with the quest.
You can read about my problem here if you like:

Generally i think it came down to the Unity version i was using. Right now i work in 2017.4 as it builds way faster and does provide everything unity has to offer that does actually work on android. But i tested with 2018 and 2019 - the versions recommended in the Documentation.

I plan to port my game up to the last versions once i have passed beta stage.
What version are you using?

AIEMelb
Honored Guest
I'm using 2018 and it was working fine and I didn't upgrade unity. The only thing I did between working and not working was add a particle effect to my scene and close SteamVR. Even though it's not a Vive game and its running on the Go I'm wondering if SteamVR somehow messed it up. I have tried reopening it but it didn't fix the issue.

AIEMelb
Honored Guest
I fixed this by just going through all the settings in the Oculus menu and toggling a whole bunch of things off and on again. Seems to have been a bug.

ChristopherCorn
Honored Guest
So I had this same issue building in Unity 2019.1.4f1 and i want to replicate it, as my game is a simple 2D game that only uses the mouse as input. It worked fine when it was windowed, and I would like this to be the way the game is displayed permanently. Any ideas?

efrenaguilar95
Honored Guest
Hey there!

I'm having the same exact issue where my app keeps launching in this weird windowed mode. Has anyone been able to find a solution yet?

yunhan0
Explorer

Please make sure you have ticked Oculus in the Android tab in the Project Settings > XR Plugin management.

Did you figure it out?

which menu? sorry Im stuck on this