cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AudioPluginOculusSpatializer and Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize

ieopc
Honored Guest
After starting an empty project and importing the Oculus Integration, I have been getting the 
"XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be located (110)"
followed by "Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize"

After removing OpenVR from the Virtual Reality Supported list I would just get "Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize". 
Happened on Unity 2018.4.2 and 2018.4.6 with Oculus 1.38,1.39,1.40

So went ahead and reinstalled 1.38, this time deleting the new  AudioPluginOculusSpatializer plugin and that seems to solve the problem.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Project is setup for a PC build using Rift.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. Spatializer since 1.37 is broken on half of our computers, but the other stuff works OK.

ieopc
Honored Guest
Thanks.

angularsen
Explorer
I think the majority of issues I've had with Oculus in the past year can be attributed to the spatializer. How on earth can they ship something that clearly breaks the entire VR integration for many people so often. I've had this issue on and off since 1.31 or something.