cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avatar 2 Remote Lip Sync on Unity

tangled_reality
Honored Guest

I've done some rough set up to get an Avatar 2 Oculus avatar to work with Photon in a multiplayer game.

In my demo, I can see the remote player updating and hear the audio from their mic. However, the lips move significantly before the audio comes through the speakers.

My fix idea was to have the remote avatar lip sync to the audio when it receives it (from Photon Voice) rather than having the avatar send the lip sync data with the rest of the movement. However, the remote avatar seems to ignore any data from the OVRAvatarLipSyncContext. It's possible there's conflicting data between the lip sync context being generated from the audio and the remote tracking data.

This also seems to go explicitly against the docs:
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/meta-avatars-networking/

• "The entity should not have any component references for Body Tracking or Lip Sync. This data will come from network packets."

Does anyone have any more insight on what's happening, a fix, or an alternative solution?

2 REPLIES 2

olaysia
Expert Protege

At least it seems you were able to network the data from one avatar to another in Photon. Could you share with me how you managed to do it because I've had no luck. Here's my code:

public class GGMetaAvatarEntity : OvrAvatarEntity
{
    [SerializeField] int m_avatarToUseInZipFolder = 2;
    PhotonView m_photonView;
    byte[] m_streamedData;

private void Start()
    {
        m_photonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();
        if (m_photonView.IsMine)
        {
            SetIsLocal(true);
            _creationInfo.features = CAPI.ovrAvatar2EntityFeatures.Preset_Default;
            SampleInputManager sampleInputManager = OvrAvatarManager.Instance.gameObject.GetComponent<SampleInputManager>();
            SetBodyTracking(sampleInputManager);
            gameObject.name = "MyAvatar";
        }
        else
        {
            SetIsLocal(false);
            _creationInfo.features = CAPI.ovrAvatar2EntityFeatures.Preset_Remote;
            gameObject.name = "OtherAvatar";
        }

if (IsLocal)
        {
            string[] zipPaths = new string[] { m_avatarToUseInZipFolder + "_rift.glb" };
            LoadAssetsFromZipSource(zipPaths);

}
        else
        {
            string[] zipPaths = new string[] { m_avatarToUseInZipFolder + 1 + "_rift.glb" };
            LoadAssetsFromZipSource(zipPaths);
        }
    }

private void LateUpdate()
    {
        if (m_photonView.IsMine)
        {
            byte[] bytes = RecordStreamData(activeStreamLod);
            RTDebug.Log(gameObject.name + "Sending streamed data with bytes " + bytes.Length);
            m_photonView.RPC("SetStreamData", RpcTarget.Others, bytes);
        }
    }

[PunRPC]
    public void SetStreamData(byte [] bytes)
    {
        RTDebug.Log(gameObject.name + "Recieving Streamed data with bytes " + bytes.Length);
        m_streamedData = bytes;
        ApplyStreamData(m_streamedData);
    }

}