cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera root angular velocity input to Async Timewarp?

emalafeew
Level 4
Is there a place I can specify the camera's root angular velocity to async timewarp, through Unity on the Oculus Go?

If it don't, ATW produces apparent double images of the environment objects when the camera root rotates.  From previous experience, I know these to be artifacts of refreshing the screen without refreshing their positions when interpolating, and know it to be solved when the interpolation takes the root angular velocity into account as well as the user's absolute head angular velocity.

If there isn't a direct way to set it now, is there an indirect or trick method we could apply at some stage in the render pipeline?

Thanks for any help!
2 REPLIES 2

emalafeew
Level 4
Ideally it would be inferred from the root's changes in orientation over time, or by summing parents' Rigidbody.angularVelocity.  But we know the precise angular velocity of the camera root every frame so could specify it directly.

emalafeew
Level 4
Is nobody else rotating their camera's root continuously and ever running below sync framerate?  I know many comfortable motion solutions don't rotate root, but ours does so comfortably by involving head look.  And we're at framerate except when the battery runs low (<20% on the GO).