cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't teleport with both hands

Milkca
Honored Guest

Hi,

I'm using the scripts from the Locomotion Sample Scene to teleport on nodes with both hands.

This is the "Teleport Input Handler Touch" configuration in the scene.

Milkca_0-1661867035283.png

When I'm using the RightHand, everything works fine.
But with the LeftHand, the ray become green, the "TeleportDestination" object appears on the targeted node, but when I release the Trigger, nothing happens.
The problem is the "_teleportDestination.IsValidDestination" in the LocomotionTeleport.cs script line 566.
For some reason it is set to false, but I can't figure out why and when.

Excuse my english and thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Milkca
Honored Guest

So, the problem was the aiming controller.
For some reason even if "Touch" is selected, orking controller is the Right one.
At first, I modified the "GetAimData" in "Teleport Input Handler Touch" to aim with both Left/Right controllers.
But, I suppose it was only visual and the real destination point was calculated from the Right Controller.

So I've created a reference to the script in my ControllerChange function and set the Aiming Controller variable to Left and Right.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Milkca
Honored Guest

So, the problem was the aiming controller.
For some reason even if "Touch" is selected, orking controller is the Right one.
At first, I modified the "GetAimData" in "Teleport Input Handler Touch" to aim with both Left/Right controllers.
But, I suppose it was only visual and the real destination point was calculated from the Right Controller.

So I've created a reference to the script in my ControllerChange function and set the Aiming Controller variable to Left and Right.