cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't teleport with both hands

Milkca
Level 2

Hi,

I'm using the scripts from the Locomotion Sample Scene to teleport on nodes with both hands.

This is the "Teleport Input Handler Touch" configuration in the scene.

Milkca_0-1661867035283.png

When I'm using the RightHand, everything works fine.
But with the LeftHand, the ray become green, the "TeleportDestination" object appears on the targeted node, but when I release the Trigger, nothing happens.
The problem is the "_teleportDestination.IsValidDestination" in the LocomotionTeleport.cs script line 566.
For some reason it is set to false, but I can't figure out why and when.

Excuse my english and thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Milkca
Level 2

So, the problem was the aiming controller.
For some reason even if "Touch" is selected, orking controller is the Right one.
At first, I modified the "GetAimData" in "Teleport Input Handler Touch" to aim with both Left/Right controllers.
But, I suppose it was only visual and the real destination point was calculated from the Right Controller.

So I've created a reference to the script in my ControllerChange function and set the Aiming Controller variable to Left and Right.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Milkca
Level 2

So, the problem was the aiming controller.
For some reason even if "Touch" is selected, orking controller is the Right one.
At first, I modified the "GetAimData" in "Teleport Input Handler Touch" to aim with both Left/Right controllers.
But, I suppose it was only visual and the real destination point was calculated from the Right Controller.

So I've created a reference to the script in my ControllerChange function and set the Aiming Controller variable to Left and Right.