cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable OculusXR Feature notice

marald
Explorer

I'm developing a PCVR app in Unity 2021 using the VR Interaction Framework in OpenXR. (Unity version)
Every time I change code or open the project I get the Enable OculusXR Feature notice to support Oculus Utilities. But as soon as I enable this, I get errors and can't make a build. Unity stops loading external DLL's as soon as you enable this on windows 11.

As I'm not targetting Quest 2 (atm) and eveything works fine using OpenXR and I don't want to use Oculus exclusively (as it doesn't work on HTC, pico etc), I don't want to use this option, but can't get rid of this notice. Where can I disable this???

Or does anybody have another solution?

marald_0-1673273183842.png

7 REPLIES 7

SuperHwan
Protege

same problem

did you find a solution?

aaronateo
Explorer

Same 😞

No sorry, not yet. But have to check with latest Oculus Utils and latest 2021 unity version. Will do end september and will get back here with version numbers if it is resolved. 

I’ve since worked on some other projects in 2022 and 2021 with same vr config where I don’t have this problem.

aaronateo
Explorer

Tested it with Unity 2022.3, the latest OpenXR version (1.8.2) and the latest Oculus Integration (v56) and I still encountered the issues. Enabling the feature as requested in the popup broke the tracking with my XR rig and leaving it disabled brings up the annoying popup after every domain reload (script compile, enter play mode).

To get rid of the popup, I deleted the MetaXRFeatureEnabler.cs in the Oculus Integration folder. In previous versions it's called OculusXRFeatureEnabler.cs.

Thanks for the reply. this already sound better. Because when I enable it, unity used to crash (sometimes even to blue screen) on play. Disabling or removing h to e Oculus script gave me other errors.
I’ll check with my project soon.

ForemanDev
Expert Protege

Hey, same issue. With v62, the script MetaXRFeatureEnabler.cs is now located in Packages instead of in the Assets folder. This means editing that script or deleting it in order to get rid of the annoying dialogs isn't a solution since the change wouldn't be saved in version control and would be overwritten if the package cache gets refreshed or the package gets updated.

Any solution?

ForemanDev
Expert Protege

For OpenXR, is there a way to delete the Meta XR feature group altogether?