cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GearVR inserting itself into Cardboard manifest

delphinius81
Rising Star
@vrdaveb There's something going on again where either Unity (I'm on 5.6.2p2) or OVR utilities plugin (using the asset store 1.15 tools version, with 1.14.1 plugin) is insisting on loading cardboard apps as GearVR. Checking the generated manifest by Unity, it is including:

<meta-data android:name="com.samsung.android.vr.application.mode" android:value="vr_only" />

However, that doesn't exist in the manifest I have in Plugins/Android. This had happened in the 1.14 utilities package, but when 1.15 was released you there was mention that this issue was fixed. Was there a possible regression between the 1.15 package submitted to the asset store versus the one downloadable from the developer website?

2 REPLIES 2

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
either Unity (I'm on 5.6.2p2) or OVR utilities plugin (using the asset store 1.15 tools version, with 1.14.1 plugin) is insisting on loading cardboard apps as GearVR.

This is a known issue in Utilities 1.15 and earlier. 1.16-beta and up include a fix. We didn't ship 1.16-beta to the Asset Store because OVRPlugin 1.16 is unstable on Gear VR. However, you should be able to safely copy OVRMoonlightLoader.cs from the 1.16-beta package here into your 1.15-based project to get the fix.

delphinius81
Rising Star
Cool. I'll look for the next utilities plugin version as well. Thanks!