cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head Tracking not working from Unity Build

samhincks
Honored Guest

Hello! 

My VR app, which I have built exactly according to the instructions here - https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-enable-device/ 

no longer supports the built-in head tracking from Oculus Integration. That is - the app builds and runs on my Oculus Quest 1, but the 3D image simply follows my gaze and does not let my eyes consider the image from a new angle as I move my head.... 

Head tracking worked as expected two days ago, when I built the app for the first time. It is possible that I took some steps to mess with underlying mechanics of Oculus Integration or global unity player settings when I tried to make the app also run natively on my Mac OS (for ease of development). Now - even if I rebuild the app from scratch it no longer supports head tracking, suggesting that I messed with:
- an Oculus setting
- an adb bridge setting
- a global unity player setting

Other applications on my Oculus still support functioning head tracking.

Please help me out!

Warm regards,
Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

samhincks
Honored Guest

This was resolved by switching to Unity's Open XR tutorials and following the tutorials there.... I was lacking the XR Rig in the Scene

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

samhincks
Honored Guest

This was resolved by switching to Unity's Open XR tutorials and following the tutorials there.... I was lacking the XR Rig in the Scene