cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Oculus Avatar appear personalised

Hello Everyone,

We're struggling with making Oculus Avatar SDK work with Unity and Photon 2 — all works completely well except avatars appear non-personalized (white).

• We deliver the build through the App Lab release channels.

• Data Use Checkup passed and it even shows we have used them recently.

• Users entitle well. The app even receives components of our created version 2.0 avatars like "beard", "glasses", etc.

• We even tried to build a PC - version and had no luck.

All-time white Avatars (non-personalized). Any ideas of how to make them work?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs. We tried pretty same things with UIDs and a lot of other stuff. 
Finally, we clearly see we request Avatar 2.0, but Oculus returns blanks.

Seems Oculus Avatar 2.0 is not actually released publicly and is coming out soon.

So the solution is — to wait when it is actually released. (I am aware of PokerStars VR using that, but likely they have it agreed with Oculus as a closed beta test or smth).

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Relykaa
Explorer

Hi there!

I'm trying to do pretty much exactly the same (Oculus Avatars + Photon 2 in Unity).

I've tried to isolate my Oculus folder and try to get the avatars to work - no luck so far. Went back further and tried to use the provided sample scenes and the UID's provided in the documentation - yet, the avatars remain the non-personalized avatars.

Interestingly enough, the output varies from my unity editor vs. my build.

When running a modified scene with multiple instances of local or remote avatars with different UIDs, Unity returns no errors. However, my logcat returns this:

Once:

10-06 10:32:23.151  [...] E Unity   : Exception: Hair Mismatching Resolutions: DiffuseTextures 1024 (ID: 1708191947127680157) vs 2048 (ID: 192) Ensure you are using ASTC texture compression on Android or turn off CombineMeshes
10-06 10:32:23.151  [...] E Unity   :   at OvrAvatar.Update () [0x000cb] in <a20e138d53ea4989b7152fbe64595405>:0

And repeatedly:

10-06 10:32:28.644 [...] E Unity   : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
10-06 10:32:28.644 [...] E Unity   :   at OvrAvatar.Update () [0x000cb] in <a20e138d53ea4989b7152fbe64595405>:0

Couldn't figure out yet though... Here's yet another thread with the same issue: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Avatars-Social-SDK-Development/Avatars-not-loading-or-white-avatars/t...

Any chance you got it to work?

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs. We tried pretty same things with UIDs and a lot of other stuff. 
Finally, we clearly see we request Avatar 2.0, but Oculus returns blanks.

Seems Oculus Avatar 2.0 is not actually released publicly and is coming out soon.

So the solution is — to wait when it is actually released. (I am aware of PokerStars VR using that, but likely they have it agreed with Oculus as a closed beta test or smth).

Thank you!

I am trying to do exactly the same thing [Meta Avatars + Unity + Photon 2 services]

Do you know when it will be accessible for use ? 

Do they have a release date for it to work properly for all developers and not just for custom ones (such as PokerStarsVR)

Thank you