cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPD Profile Loading

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
Has anyone implemented the IPD profile loader into their game with the last SDK (2.3)?

If so, any tips. 😉
5 REPLIES 5

drash
Heroic Explorer
The upcoming update for Titans of Space is using the 0.2.3 plugin, and apparently you don't have to do anything else -- OVRDevice.GetIPD() will, by default, report the IPD from the user's currently-selected Oculus profile. Pretty cool if you ask me!

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
So the player doesn't have to have their file in a folder with the game anywhere? You can basically use the Config Utility have your profile selected and just call it a day? That's pretty amazing. 🙂

drash
Heroic Explorer
That is correct! 🙂

nvstewart
Explorer
What about the demos that are on the old SDK? Some demos allow you to adjust the IPD from within, but other do not, is there anyway I can adjust them, maybe a config file or something?

drash
Heroic Explorer
"paulybarnes" wrote:
You can basically use the Config Utility have your profile selected and just call it a day?

Just wanted to give people a heads up. If you have multiple profiles created, the SDK will pick up the one that has the "set as default" box checked, not necessarily the one you've most recently picked from the dropdown.

"nvstewart" wrote:
What about the demos that are on the old SDK? Some demos allow you to adjust the IPD from within, but other do not, is there anyway I can adjust them, maybe a config file or something?

Demos on SDK 0.2.2 or older will require the developer to explicitly give you a way to adjust the IPD. The developer either had to give you access to the "OVR main menu" (like the one you see in the Tuscany demo when you hit spacebar), or some other way that the developer built him/herself. I don't think there's any other way.