cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Effects

judah4
Honored Guest
Is anyone else getting weird graphical errors when they use image effects? I am trying to use global fog and sunshafts image effects but something with the oculus plugin does this.

The left camera has the 2 image effects in place and it leads to this.

Am I missing something or does the oculus rift image effect break the others and are there work arounds?
11 REPLIES 11

Anton
Honored Guest
Effects which rely on the camera matrix may do some strange things. I've found deferred lighting is totally f'ed at the moment. Some questions for you:

1. Are you using fog in render settings, or the fog image effect?
2. Are you applying the oculus warp image effect last? (if not, this might help)

judah4
Honored Guest
the global fog image effect.

It seems the OVRCamera script is changing it because I added it last and it looks normal now. Thanks 😄 Now im going to try it on a scene with more on it

Anton
Honored Guest
Also, a little fun tip: If you're using deferred + DX11, try out the camera motion blur. Its like anti-aliasing, but a bit better actually. Little 'spensive tho.

SiggiG
Protege
I've had one camera turn white like this before, fixed it by scaling the window and it never happened in fullscreen.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey, we are aware of the issue when chaining full screen image effect together. It will be fixed in an upcoming release. For now you can edit this line in OVRCamera.cs on line 231:

Blit(SourceTexture, destination, material, flipImage);

Hope that helps.

- Andres

judah4
Honored Guest
yes, I found it and was able to get it to work for now 😄

Of course I need to redesign the gui but integration is not bad

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank goodness I checked this. Image effects work for me again. Will make my projects look much better.

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
Hey, so image effects work for me, SSAO/Antialiasing/DepthofField34, etc. The only way it works properly is that I have to set these shaders to render before the Rift shaders are activated. Sadly, I can only move their rendering position before during runtime in-editor and cannot set it in the level itself, else when I run the game, it kicks the shaders to the end of the line and acts wonky. Does anyone know how I can set it in the right position for each camera without manually pushing it in front of the line?

I must say, using Image Effects does wonders visually! I even added a subtle depth of field effect that only shows when you are really close to an object.