cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing room setup in unity

amit.ghimire
Honored Guest

Hi, I am developing a passthrough/VR experience using Unity where users can interact with physical objects in the room. My first step was to get the virtual representation of furniture and walls in the room which I think there is an experimental feature to do so in oculus home environment. Is there any way I can bring those furniture/walls mapped in quest home inside unity? It might be a privacy issue but I think setting up a permission pop-up to do so should be fine.

5 REPLIES 5

tcs.research.2023
Honored Guest

hey! Any updates? Did you figure out how to do this, I was trying to do something along the same lines but could not proceed.

amit.ghimire
Honored Guest

Hey, Yes actually. Still experimental but , oculus provides an API called "Scene" which worked for me. Though sometimes the virtual objects have a slight offset. The documentation link is a good starting point.

There is another third party tool, still in alpha I think, called SyncReality . I found it really promising but did not really dig deep into it as the scene API worked good enough for me. Might be better, you can try it out. 

xxiongwwei
Honored Guest

Hi~I wanna develop an app build with the mixed reality too. I tried lots of time to run the official demo scenes in Unity, but every time i met the poped window indicating that the Oculus couldn't fetch my room setup data in my HMD over link. I had already setup my room space in HMD before, thus i can't figure out the specific reason of this issue. Have you met the simillar issue?

Hi,
you said you got it to run, but were you able to actually load the Scene / Room Model information into Unity in Runtime to work with it or even use it or just as a Build and Run apk in the Quest?

I now also got it to run, but right now all the loaded objects of the room from the quest are placed at (0,0,0) in Unity. Any ideas on how to fix that?