cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with connecting Meta Quest 2 on Unity (Play Mode specific)

eunice.527086
Honored Guest

> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm trying to create a XR project however my Oculus Quest 2 is not being detected whatsoever.
> I'm in the Oculus homescreen for PCVR and it doesn't load up the Unity project at all.
>
> Here is one of the warning logs for it.
>
> Unable to start Oculus XR Plugin.
> Possible causes include a headset not being attached, or the Oculus runtime is not installed or up to date.
> If you've recently installed or updated the Oculus runtime, you may need to reboot or close Unity and the Unity Hub and try again.
> UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
> Unity.XR.Oculus.OculusLoader:Initialize () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.oculus@4.0.0/Runtime/OculusLoader.cs:181)
> UnityEngine.XR.Management.XRGeneralSettings:AttemptInitializeXRSDKOnLoad () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.management@4.4.1/Runtime/XRGeneralSettings.cs:148)
>
> I can run any other game or application just fine like the tutorials on the Oculus software however it doesn't detect the headset whatsoever.
> At one point in time it actually worked for a moment and right after it stopped working after closing out the Unity project but what I did was toggle the console visibility from the OculusDebugTool and somehow that worked briefly but after that never again..
>
> I tried the following:
>
> Oculus Software:
> 1) I tried to reinstall the Oculus software
> 2) I tried to open the oculus-drivers.exe file, to no avail once more, it restarted my PC and installed everything properly.
> 3) I have Unknown Sources enabled
> 4) Somehow the runtime is stuck, I cannot make Oculus the default OpenXR active runtime. Side note on this one: Whenever I clicked the "Set Quest as Runtime" it would give an error in the console along the lines of 05/03 16:29:06.956 {!ERROR!} [OAF ERROR] arvr\projects\oculus_pc_infra\OAF\liboaf\os\file.cpp(65) : Failed to open file: The system cannot find the path specified. (1971052)
>
> Unity:
> 1) I've tried to create several new projects, none work
> 2) I tried a clean project with both UltimateXR and XR Interactions Toolkit.
> 3) I tried to enable the Oculus SDK in XR Plugin Management together with Initialize XR on Startup.
> 4) I reimported the Meta XR Core SDK
> 5) As suggested on another forum post, I disabled Oculus on the Android and enabled it solely on the Windows, Linux and MacOs build target
> 6) I've switched from Android to Windows, Linux and MacOs build target
> 7) I've tried different Unity versions, I'm currently on 2022.3.4f1 which also works on the moderator from UltimateXR's computer that helped me out.
>
> The moderator of UltimateXR and I are at a loss at this point and he suggested me to post this on the forum to hopefully get it resolved, what else could I do?

1 REPLY 1

Taylordkca
Honored Guest

I'm having this issue too. Did you find a resolution? 

I'm going thru unity learn. they make it sound and look very easy. 

I have an Meta Quest 2. Using 2022.3.27f1 LTS 

It Air links. i can see my desktop and unity via the quest. When I hit Play it goes black for 2 seconds then kicks it out.