cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Meta Avatar in T-Pose and Photon Voice in Multiplayer Lobby

jinwoo629
Explorer

Hello fellow developers,

I'm using GPT to draft this post, so I apologize for any quirks in the phrasing.

I'm currently developing a multiplayer game using Photon, and I've encountered a perplexing issue with the Meta Avatar system. When transitioning from the Main Menu to the Lobby, we have logic in place to instantiate the Meta Avatar for each player. However, during our team tests, we've observed inconsistent behavior:

1. Some users have their Meta Avatar correctly instantiated and animated.
  2. Some users find their Meta Avatar stuck in a T-pose in the Lobby.
  3. Interestingly, users whose avatars are in the T-pose also experience issues with Photon Voice, making them inaudible to other players.

Here's a brief overview of our setup:

• We're using the latest versions of both the Meta Avatar SDK and Photon.
  • Photon handles all network synchronization, including avatar instantiation.
  • The avatar animations and poses are meant to be synchronized across the network.

Has anyone else faced similar challenges or have insights into potential causes and solutions? We're keen to resolve this to provide a seamless experience for our players. Any assistance or advice from the community would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Maggie.776
Honored Guest

Have you found solution? I also face this problem.

JakeUpfront
Explorer

Ive been having the same issue ever since I updated to latest Oculus integtration and Meta Avatars SDK. Hope there is a fix soon

bilgekagan
Protege

if a player sees T-posed movement from other players, it indicates that the connection manager is functioning correctly. When their avatar spawns, there's code attached to their entity called "OVR Avatar Entity State." Within this code, there's a block related to body tracking. If this block isn't connected with the local Avatar SDK manager for me its "AvatarSdkManagerHorizon", the avatar defaults to the T-pose. To rectify this, add another control state to check if this block is empty. If it is, find the Avatar SDK manager and assign it accordingly. This adjustment should help resolve the issue with avatars being stuck in the T-pose.

[SerializeField] private GameObject avatarmanager;

SetBodyTracking(avatarmanager.GetComponent<SampleInputManager>());