cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Meta Avatars With Cross Play using Federated App Are Missing Their Heads

olaysia
Expert Protege

UPDATE (01/05/2023)

As of January 5th users are being loaded via the Federated App Id but instead of missing their heads they now seem to be missing their hair. It would be funny if our product launch was not dependent on this getting fixed.

MissingHair.png

UPDATE (01/03/2023)

As of January 3rd Loading Avatars with Federated App Ids simply doesn't work. The User fails to load and I get the error log 'Spec Request Failed'.

We've been experiencing problems with the Meta Avatar 2 SDK in our desktop app. I've narrowed it down to a problem with the way avatars are loaded using the federated app id, or cross play as its called in the documentation. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Create a blank Unity project which allows you to load an avatar with both your app's regular app Id and its Federated App Id. 
  2. Load an avatar using the federated app id:Load you avatar with the Federated app id, it loads fine.Load you avatar with the Federated app id, it loads fine.
  3. Now, in your Quest, edit your avatar.I decided to add a red hat to my avatarI decided to add a red hat to my avatar
  4. Now load the avatar again using your federated app id. Now my avatar is missing his head after reloading with a federated app idNow my avatar is missing his head after reloading with a federated app id

5. Now try loading the avatar again but this time using the regular app id... The problem persists.MetaAvatarBug_4.png

The avatar can be made to load correctly if you load the avatar regularly once, make a change to your avatar, save and then reload the avatar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

olaysia
Expert Protege

It looks like it was a backend issue and has been resolved since at least January 6th 2023.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

olaysia
Expert Protege

It looks like it was a backend issue and has been resolved since at least January 6th 2023.