cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading new scene. Only left eye renders for half a second, then both eyes stop rendering.

Weitin
Protege
Using Unity 2019.1.2F1, using Oculus Integrations 1.41.
I'm having this weird issue that's hard to debug.
My app consists of multiple scenes that I load in consecutive order. Everything loads correctly except for when I'm loading from scene 1 to 2. At the start of scene 2, the right eye is black, while the left eye renders the scene for half a second (the skybox is black), then both eyes render black. This happens about 50% of the time when loading from scene 1 to 2. If I build scene 2 by itself, or load from scene 0 to 2, it doesn't ever happen. So the problem doesn't seem to be with the scene.

I'm not getting any information from the debug, except that a bunch of Oculus processes die:
ActivityManager: Process com.oculus.alpenglow (pid 5973) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 5973
ActivityManager: Process com.android.deskclock (pid 1848) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 1848
ActivityManager: Process com.android.packageinstaller (pid 2960) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 2960
ActivityManager: Process com.oculus.os.vrmtpapp (pid 2549) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 2549
Everything works perfectly except for this. I'm not familiar with these debug logs, is there something I can do to stop this from happening?

I'm going through all the objects in that scene and rebuilding. I recently started using LoadSceneAsync instead of LoadScene, so it may be related to that.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Weitin
Protege
The problem was setting the ASyncOperation.allowSceneActivation to false. For some reason, this was causing Oculus to render black on scene load. I use the same implementation in all my scenes, so it's strange why this seemed to only occur in one specific scene.

View solution in original post

Weitin
Protege
Compressing the textures helped to stop the black/blue screens

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Weitin
Protege
I tested and the problem seems to be related to LoadSceneASync. The regular LoadScene works fine. I fiddled with setting the Application.backgroundLoadingPriority and Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets but I still get the black screen.

Weitin
Protege
The problem was setting the ASyncOperation.allowSceneActivation to false. For some reason, this was causing Oculus to render black on scene load. I use the same implementation in all my scenes, so it's strange why this seemed to only occur in one specific scene.

Weitin
Protege
Compressing the textures helped to stop the black/blue screens