cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading new scene. Only left eye renders for half a second, then both eyes stop rendering.

Weitin
Level 4
Using Unity 2019.1.2F1, using Oculus Integrations 1.41.
I'm having this weird issue that's hard to debug.
My app consists of multiple scenes that I load in consecutive order. Everything loads correctly except for when I'm loading from scene 1 to 2. At the start of scene 2, the right eye is black, while the left eye renders the scene for half a second (the skybox is black), then both eyes render black. This happens about 50% of the time when loading from scene 1 to 2. If I build scene 2 by itself, or load from scene 0 to 2, it doesn't ever happen. So the problem doesn't seem to be with the scene.

I'm not getting any information from the debug, except that a bunch of Oculus processes die:
ActivityManager: Process com.oculus.alpenglow (pid 5973) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 5973
ActivityManager: Process com.android.deskclock (pid 1848) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 1848
ActivityManager: Process com.android.packageinstaller (pid 2960) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 2960
ActivityManager: Process com.oculus.os.vrmtpapp (pid 2549) has died
ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 2549
Everything works perfectly except for this. I'm not familiar with these debug logs, is there something I can do to stop this from happening?

I'm going through all the objects in that scene and rebuilding. I recently started using LoadSceneAsync instead of LoadScene, so it may be related to that.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Weitin
Level 4
The problem was setting the ASyncOperation.allowSceneActivation to false. For some reason, this was causing Oculus to render black on scene load. I use the same implementation in all my scenes, so it's strange why this seemed to only occur in one specific scene.

View solution in original post

Weitin
Level 4
Compressing the textures helped to stop the black/blue screens

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Weitin
Level 4
I tested and the problem seems to be related to LoadSceneASync. The regular LoadScene works fine. I fiddled with setting the Application.backgroundLoadingPriority and Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets but I still get the black screen.

Weitin
Level 4
The problem was setting the ASyncOperation.allowSceneActivation to false. For some reason, this was causing Oculus to render black on scene load. I use the same implementation in all my scenes, so it's strange why this seemed to only occur in one specific scene.

Weitin
Level 4
Compressing the textures helped to stop the black/blue screens