cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low FPS

crobertson1996
Honored Guest
I have been developing a game for a few weeks now and I am starting to focus on performance and I have noticed that with an empty scene in the unity stats graphic while playing I only reach between 375-450FPS while I see other people reaching 1500+FPS. I am using a fairly good laptop to run the game Lenovo ThinkPad P52S. 

When I add a FPS counter script and I load my second scene where you start actually doing some major actions my FPS on the counter script drops from 60FPS to 20FPS keep in mind this is while running on the Oculus Go. When in the unity editor I run that same scene that goes to 20FPS (on the oculus go) it runs between 30-40FPS (in the editor). When I remove every object from my scene and no scripts are running other than the FPS counter I am able to get between 70-90FPS (in the editor).

The issue is I know Oculus requires 60FPS for Oculus Go games and apps, how strict are they on this? Once you get into the main part of the game where it hits 20FPS on the Oculus Go it still plays well and it doesn't seem to lag much for me but that's what the script is counting so I have to agree that it really is 20FPS right?

I have tuned down all my quality and graphics settings to the lowest I can and even deleted my skybox and changed the cameras to notice solid colors rather than skybox. I am also using the OVRCameraRig that comes with the Unity Integration but even when I shut that off it really doesn't make to much of a difference to my FPS. 

I am kind of new to the stats graphic so if something looks funny within there please let me know!

Thanks for any information that can be provided. 
0 REPLIES 0