Unity Version: 

eccecarpet_0-1707437861490.png
Set-Up: 

eccecarpet_1-1707437894262.png

eccecarpet_2-1707437948891.png
Meta Integration: Meta XR All-in-One SDK

Using Oculus Quest 2

Hello!
I am not new to VR development but I am for some reason struggling to build this new app I am currently working on. I have three issues.

1. I am trying to add a Menu/intro scene in my app but the Canvas I have created is not responsive. The UIHelpers are working on hit-target, but the buttons are not.

E.g., a button that should bring you to the start scene does not work. I have checked and re-checked the script and all the steps of this tutorial that I used in the past for other projects, but I cannot understand why it isn't working.

eccecarpet_3-1707438701685.png

2. The Menu Scene is not showing when loading the build - I am automatically redirected to the main scene. It only works when I remove the Main scene from the list of the scenes to load. Any suggestions for this issue?

eccecarpet_4-1707438746786.png

3. Grabbable props I am using are not showing in the scene.

I am following the official Meta guideline to build this app, although it should be simpler to create experiences in software using the Meta XR All in One integration I am finding it extremely frustrating as it is the second time I had to start from scratch. Shall I follow a more traditional approach and follow the Unity VR tutorials or is there anyone who can advise me on how to create a VR app without encountering these many issues?
Thank you.

@MetaQuestSupport  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hydraulicity
Honored Guest

1. The start function is called when the script is enabled, in the tutorial you linked they call the function StartBtn()

2. Since the start function loads the Main scene on the first frame the menu scene is loaded then you're not seeing it in builds.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing grabbable props in the scene, more information would be needed to help there.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

hydraulicity
Honored Guest

1. The start function is called when the script is enabled, in the tutorial you linked they call the function StartBtn()

2. Since the start function loads the Main scene on the first frame the menu scene is loaded then you're not seeing it in builds.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing grabbable props in the scene, more information would be needed to help there.

Hope this helps.