cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing happens with Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication()

flavobarth
Explorer

Absolutely nothing happens when I call Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication(). I'm trying to test this in Unity editor standalone platform. The callback is never executed and no exceptions are thrown.

try {
 Core.Initialize(AppID);
 Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication().OnComplete(EntitlementCallback);
}
catch(UnityException e) {
 Debug.LogError("Platform failed to initialize due to exception.");
 Debug.LogException(e);
 ShowError(e.Message);
}

Again, "EntitlementCallback" never runs. I have completed the Data Use Checkup and have created a Test User for my organization, which I use inside Unity. I have not uploaded any builds of this game to any channels yet, could that be the problem? If not this, then what?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, JeffNik. I did add my test user accounts to the Alpha Channel of the app, but that didn't work either.

I have found a workaround though. Apparently if I uncheck "Use Standalone Platform" in Oculus > Platform > Edit Settings (so that the account logged in the Windows Oculus App is used instead of the test user I have informed), the entitlement check works!

I'll use this for now, although it is still weird that I can't use the standalone platform in this specific app, considering that our other apps with the same settings work. Hopefully you're right and they are changing some API stuff, and eventually things will sort themselves out.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

flavobarth
Explorer

If I use the exact same code with with an App ID of another one of our apps that have been previously created, it works. That leads to me believe that there's nothing wrong on the project's side. There must be something wrong on Meta's side. Our organization is even already verified!

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

Have you added the Meta account (or test user account) that you're running under to the release channel users? If not, try going to your app on the website, clicking "Release Channels" on the left, selecting any release channel (alpha, beta, rc, etc) - click the users tab and add the account if not already there.

If you have done that already - be aware that I have noticed really weird things happening with API calls in the last week or two - callbacks not returning correctly, user list requests throwing exceptions when they didn't before - just a bunch of strange stuff. I'm guessing Meta is changing API stuff in the background, possibly related to the release of V51, which seems to be a big and complex update to Android 12L, with many security changes. I'm just a hobbyist, so other than being frustrated by it, it doesn't really affect me. I console myself with the hope that after V51 releases, things will "magically" work again. 🙂

Thanks, JeffNik. I did add my test user accounts to the Alpha Channel of the app, but that didn't work either.

I have found a workaround though. Apparently if I uncheck "Use Standalone Platform" in Oculus > Platform > Edit Settings (so that the account logged in the Windows Oculus App is used instead of the test user I have informed), the entitlement check works!

I'll use this for now, although it is still weird that I can't use the standalone platform in this specific app, considering that our other apps with the same settings work. Hopefully you're right and they are changing some API stuff, and eventually things will sort themselves out.

It was happening to me, until i just clicked on the "Clear credentials" button and typed in the credentials again, sometime seems that with oculus sdk updates or unity updates, or any other kind of change, can affect the scriptable wich "thinks" you still correctly logged, but no, also other cause is when you change your account credentials, in unity the old credentials doesnt get updated and neither does the scriptable to say "hey your credentials are incorrect now" so internally when trying to connect to oculus it cant even complete the autentication because cant even login correctly

violinviolin19
Explorer

Where was the "Clear credentials" button?

Extrys_0-1706559135199.png

is in the oculus platform settings scriptable object