cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVROverlay (Underlay) equirect sphere shows a black seam

peter_drugge
Honored Guest
Hi, I am trying to show a background image using OVROverlay (underlay). The quality is great, except that I can see a black seam where the image edges meet. The seam is only about 1 pixel wide but it is clearly visible. 
I have tested using overlay instead of underlay and I get the same result. When I show it as a non OVROverlay background, it works without a seam.

Has anyone been able to show a Overlay/Underlay equirect background without a seam?
7 REPLIES 7

rustin_lee
Honored Guest
Also getting this problem with both Underlay and Overlay modes.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
I solved a skybox texture seam issue by disabling MIP MAPS on the texture itself. Maybe that will work in your case, as well.

Metal_Multiball
Heroic Explorer
And turn off texture wrap on the texture in Unity

rustin_lee
Honored Guest
Disabling mip maps did not fix the seam.

Not sure what you mean by turn off texture wrap, every texture sampler must have a wrap mode, whether it's Clamp, Repeat, etc. Either way, none of the texture wrap settings fixed the seam.

Metal_Multiball
Heroic Explorer

Disabling mip maps did not fix the seam.

Not sure what you mean by turn off texture wrap, every texture sampler must have a wrap mode, whether it's Clamp, Repeat, etc. Either way, none of the texture wrap settings fixed the seam.

@rustin_lee Clamp is what I meant to say, thanks for the feedback.

JoeTheWiltshire
Explorer
Was a solution ever found for this? Currently getting the same issue with equirects & ovroverlay set to underlay mode on quest.
I've tried a bunch of different settings,
wrap mode to clamp, repeat, mirror
Resize algorithm Mitchell / Bilinear
Filtering Point/Bilinear/Trilinear

My textures are 8k POT and mip mapping is disabled.
Format RGB24 bit
I've double checked the images in case of rendering error causing an extra black pixel but it's definitely only within unity with the ovroverlay.

I wanted to see if I could use the equirect in unity cube texture format and use the "fix seams" option but trying to use the cubemap in the ovroverlay causes errors with the custom rects for stereo equirectangular setup.

Another test - even with this setup the seam appears, so it's nothing to do with texture data.
qxa24a8ynelf.jpg

This is the last problem I have to solve with ovrOverlay implementation, would be great if I could get some help.

JoeTheWiltshire
Explorer
@NinjaGG I've submitted a support ticket RE this issue if you can help at all, thanks.