cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects with multiple materials flicker

There is a strange bug where objects with multiple materials cause textures to Flicker. This only happens on the Oculus Quest 1 & 2, and only with objects with multiple materials. Object with one material work fine. When I ran same app with the Unity editor I had no flicker but on the quest it will flicker with multi material objects. I'm not sure what is the problem nor how to fix it. I put a video below as well images of one thee objects with problem.

https://youtu.be/4W2wrTyeKXI 

screen_scene.jpgoverall.jpgThere is a strange bug where objects with multiple material cause textures to Flicker. This only happens on the Oculus Quest 1 & 2, and only with objects with multiple materials. Single material textures work fine. When I tested on the Unity editor I had no flicker but on thee quest it will flicker. I'm not sure what is the problem nor how to fix it. I put a video below as well images of one thee objects with problem

3 REPLIES 3

JimBob0123
Explorer

Hello, 

I have the exact issue/effect like the video, anyone knows how to solve this?

Thanks

Anardil
Honored Guest

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, were you able to fix it?

Regards,

QuirkyFB
Honored Guest

No idea why they would be flickering but a great solution anyway would be to reduce them to a single material with a texture map for the different colours. I have almost an entire game coloured from a single 512x512 texture.