cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining head tracking information

naomi_k123
Honored Guest
Hello,

I am trying to record head tracking info such as orientation, velocity and acceleration of headset when moving head side to side. Anyone know how to obtain these records in Unity? I'd like to output these values to a cvs for analysis. 

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer
y4shshmbxpez.jpg
Record the transform of OVRCameraController?

naomi_k123
Honored Guest

Thanks for your reply! 
Sorry I'm a newbie but when I rotate the headset around in a stationary spot the camerarig transform doesn't change?

rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer
Do you mean that you rotate it externally, like in the code, or rotate it by rotating your body?

If you want to modify the rotation without rotating your body, you better use a container for the CameraRig, and do the modifications to the container transform... or the changes will not be seen.

naomi_k123
Honored Guest
Sorry I don't quite know what a container is 😞
To clarify I am rotating my head externally and would like to record how fast my head moves and how far it moves from a specified axis (direction/orientation) into a csv. When I rotate I do not see the transform values changing in the unity editor. 

rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer
A container is just an empty gameobject in Unity that you place the CameraRig in, like in the image (CameraHolder).