cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Avatars hands animations on a full body avatar?

mrgreen72
Superstar
I’ve implemented a full body avatar using Final IK in my prototype and while the results are beyond my expectations so far, it’s missing hands animations.

So I was wondering if there was a way to use the awesome Oculus Avatar hand animations on a standard humanoid rig?
7 REPLIES 7

mrgreen72
Superstar
Is there any way to get your hands models and animations? 

I'm probably just dense but everything seems to be "hidden" into external libs. (DLL's)

owenwp
Expert Protege
In the Oculus Unity Sample Package there is a scene where they use the avatar hand animations on a custom mesh. I haven't looked at it closely, but I am guessing you get the bone transforms in a script.

mrgreen72
Superstar
Found it thanks!

No idea how I can retarget those animations on the hands of an humanoid rig or if it’s even possible though. I’ll keep digging!

mrgreen72 said:

Found it thanks!

No idea how I can retarget those animations on the hands of an humanoid rig or if it’s even possible though. I’ll keep digging!

A year later and I'm following in your (IK) footsteps 🙂 Did you work out a way of doing this?
Any help would be much appreciated

doukasd
Explorer
Also interested in this. Is there a standard way or is everyone writing their own from scratch?

Basically the "Custom Hands" demo in the Oculus Unity Integration is using animations made for "hand rigs". Is there a way to use those on a full body avatar?

PFH-Goettingen
Explorer
We are also interested if somebody has found a good solution. For now it looks like you can trick around a little bit if you use hand animations from unity asset store wich can be used with a humanoid rig. There is a fancy video on youtube wich shows this method. Sadly i cannot post the link here in this forum (no permssion for that  😞 
But as far as i can see he uses some other Hand animations form unity asset store.Would be very nice if we can apply oculus original animations to humandoid rigs sometimes in the future. 

billy.attaway
Explorer
Any progress on this? Im about to start recreating each animation for a humanoid rig. Would save some time if someone has one they could share. If not, I'll post mine and new animations once I finish