Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go: Unity 2018.2: DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'OVRPlugin':

Honored Guest
When we import our project into 2018.2, we get these errors and the oculus has disabled VR.

I did a logcat and found the errors below. I know that unity has its own built-in OVRPlugin, so it seems to be a conflict. We tried a build with the most up to date oculus utiliies installed. And we also tried one where we only installed the scripts that we needed from the oculus utilies, and relied on the unity DLL that is included. Same result. 
Downgraded to 2018.1 and it works well with the Oculus Utilities on the first try.

Is this a known issue or is there some migration process that I'm missing for 2018.2?
As you can see below, it shows the plugin version as 0.0.0. This same error happens if we use the included .26 version.

Here's the log:
Unity v2018.2.0f2, Oculus Utilities v1.27.0, OVRPlugin v0.0.0, SDK v0.0.0.
07-23 19:09:59.542  2393  2408 I Unity   : OVRManager:Awake()
07-23 19:09:59.542  2393  2408 I Unity   :
07-23 19:09:59.542  2393  2408 I Unity   : (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)
07-23 19:09:59.542  2393  2408 I Unity   :
07-23 19:09:59.551  2393  2408 E Unity   : DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'OVRPlugin': The specified module could not be found.
07-23 19:09:59.551  2393  2408 E Unity   :   at OVRPlugin+OVRP_1_1_0.ovrp_GetInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Honored Guest
Thanks for the offer but I think we have it sorted out. The issue was the upgrade out of .24. We had to close Unity, delete the package and every meta file, then open unity and install the downloaded version 27. We were getting this bug when we were using the Oculus menu to update out of .24, and even deleting it first didnt help. We had to close the program to get rid of it all.

Ran into the same error... - as I changed to the recommended 2018.2 version on the compatibility guide. I went through the "fix" above,  but still had the  Unable to load DLL 'OVRPlugin'.

..but... I had also switched the back end scripting from Mono to IL2CPP, and this caused the target architecture to auto check the ARM64 (in addition to ARM7.) This turned out to be the issue... (see Oculus GO + Unity : ARM64 Build Issue)

Thanks a LOT! Had the same issue and disabling ARM64 when building for Gear VR and Oculus Go solved it.