cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus SDK Bug] Entitlement checks started to fail even for random builds where it worked

Hello, how are you?
We are having an issue with the Entitlement checks once again. Some time ago we had an issue that with old users it was working but new ones it wasn't. The fix was manually done on Meta's end and everything was working fine.
Sadly, we are now facing a new issue that suddenly all the users lost the entitlement check. We thought it was on our end but we tried an old build and it was also failing.
We hadn't been able to find some way to fix this and because of the issues I mentioned I believe it is on Meta's API. Tried to write to support but they told me I should contact here.
Could someone please check the issue? Is something we are doing wrong on our end?
Here is the report I did: https://oculusdevelopers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/43553
Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Krychersik
Explorer

Hey,

Sorry that I don't have a solution, but we are facing very similar issue. We are getting ready to release and half of our team cannot pass Entitlement Check even though they are added as Developers and they accepted their invitations.

We've been forced to remove entitlement check as for now, but we are searching for solution that would resolve the issue so we can bring the check back before we release the game.

My entitlement checks are working, but recently a previously working call to GetLoggedInUserFriends has stopped working, and I've checked everything on my side - the code, the APP setup, the data use permissions, everything is the same as it was before. I suspect as you do - that something has changed or is broken with their API.

Hey! Thanks for the reply though!
I was wondering, had you been able to get the usernames without the entitlement check? Is there any need of the entitlement check if that's the case?

Thank you once again 🙂

Unfortunately not. The Entitlement Check is just the first thing where you can see that something is wrong, but the problem is much bigger. Failing Entitlement Check means Oculus can't validate you as a user for some reason and calling any Oculus API will just throw an error.

I mean, I'm not entirely sure if all Oculus API calls will throw an error, but GettingUserData is throwing an error for us 😉

I don't believe that this is the case. In this snippet (noticed that I have commented out the entitlement check so that it doesnt run):

private void Awake()
{
Core.AsyncInitialize();
//Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication().OnComplete(OnEntitlementCheck);
Users.GetLoggedInUser().OnComplete(OnGotUser);
Users.GetBlockedUsers().OnComplete(OnGotBlockedUsers);
Users.GetLoggedInUserFriends().OnComplete(OnGotFriends);
Request.RunCallbacks();
}

... the calls to GetLoggedInUser and GetBlockedUsers get called successfully and return correct data even though the entitlement check was never made.

Interesting!

So maybe we're facing different issues then. When some our devs are calling GetLoggedInUser they are getting following error message: "Must call get_signature first". (Entitlement Check is disabled, because it throws error)