cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unity Integration - v1.38 (06/21/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Version 1.38 of our integration for Unity has been released!

The Oculus Integration for Unity package adds scripts, prefabs, samples, and other resources to supplement Unity’s built-in support. The package includes an interface for controlling VR camera behavior, a first-person control prefab, a unified input API for controllers, advanced rendering features, object-grabbing and haptics scripts for Touch, debugging tools, and more. For more information, see our Unity Getting Started Guide.

You can grab the latest version of our Unity Integration here (through the Unity Asset Store): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022

More information, as well as general known issues with Unity, about this release can be found here.

New Features

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unity Integration to 1.38, including:
    • Updated the LipSync integration to 1.38
    • Updated the Audio Spatializer to 1.38

API Updates

• Breaking change: the OVROverlay prefab now requires an instance of the OVRManager prefab to be present. Apps that wish to update to 1.38 or later may be required to add OVRManager.
  • Renamed the TiledMultiRes setting to FixedFoveatedRendering.

Known Issues

All Unity 2018.2 versions

• (Mobile) You'll need to either switch the AndroidBuildSystem to internal or export a Gradle project and modify the SigningConfig in the build.gradle file to include v1SigningEnabled=true, v2SigningEnabled=false.

2018.2.20f1

• (Mobile) Some game objects may appear darker when loaded in 2018.2.20f1. To work around this issue, load the project in another version of Unity, like 2018.2.19.

Other Known Issues

Please read the release notes in their entirety here: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration/

The thread for the previous version (v1.37) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/75863/oculus-unity-integration-v1-37-05-21-19
28 REPLIES 28

MarkHenryC
Protege

1.38 seems to break OVRHeadsetEmulator. This conditional is never set in OVRManager.cs:

if (OVRPlugin.initialized || (Settings.enabled && Settings.loadedDeviceName == OPENVR_UNITY_NAME_STR))
{
InitOVRManager();
}

Is there something else we should be doing in the setup that's not described in the documentation?

Same issue here. Never returns true so InitOVRManager is never called. Breaks the headset emulator but there'd be numerous other issues, since the static 'instance' is never set, so OVRManager can't be called. Will roll this update back.

RalphSchaedler
Explorer
I also get

Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize.
Will attempt to enable OpenVR instead.

Timo3000
Explorer
TeleportTransitionBlink script is also not working anymore. I think the important lines of code are commented out 😉

zCeyl
Honored Guest
Hi,

Same issue here (Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize.) with this update and unity 2018.4.2... Is there any fix or workaround? 

vehicle91
Honored Guest
Hi,
1.(Unity Integration v1.37)Unity UnityEngine.XR.Recenter not working on Quest.
2.(Unity Integration v1.37)Left handle is out of power, right handle cannot fire(OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.SecondaryIndexTrigger)) (PS: exit the game, right handle trigger button is effective)
Is there any fix or workaround?Thx!?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the purpose of creating this form if devs do not read it?

BigDaddio
Protege
Should I add to this? 
Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize.
This is getting OLD. 

EDIT: Found a fix. when it asks about the spatializer select delete new spatializer. Then it works fine. Do they even try this stuff? 

EtienneArchamba
Explorer
Probably related - switching to left hand on Go leaves our pointer at 0.0.0. 
Glad I came across this post finally!
I hope 1.39 fixes it so I don't have to regress.

alessio_grancin
Honored Guest
Runs fine from mac to quest , unfortunately I find very confusing the inputs - controllers.
They are glitching and it's very not clear how the inputs are set. Hands and controller are never rendered in the same moment- you press a button and they show up, and they show up also in the origin [wtwf]. I followed all the instructions and I am using 2019.1.14f1. 

Is there anyone that knows where a not defected player prefab can be downloaded or what part of the script needs to be changed. 

Thank you. 

note. seeing the previous comments I see I am not the only one. Very frustrating. cmon. Will update if I work on it.