cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unity Integration - v1.41 (10/03/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Version 1.41 of our integration for Unity has been released!

The Oculus Integration for Unity package adds scripts, prefabs, samples, and other resources to supplement Unity’s built-in support. The package includes an interface for controlling VR camera behavior, a first-person control prefab, a unified input API for controllers, advanced rendering features, object-grabbing and haptics scripts for Touch, debugging tools, and more. For more information, see our Unity Getting Started Guide.
You can grab the latest version of our Unity Integration here (through the Unity Asset Store): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022
More information, as well as general known issues with Unity, about this release can be found here.

New Features

• Added support for “Low Overhead Mode” in Player Settings for Android applications. Applications that use OpenGL ES can build release apks that will will skip error checking and improve performance of the app.
  • Android development now defaults to target “Quest”.
  • OVROverlay now supports rendering L1 Widevine DRM protected content. See the updated OVROverlay guide for more information.
  • Mixed Reality Capture updates -
    • Deprecated support for OVRSandwichComposition on Rift applications.
    • MRC camera is now cloned from the main camera and inherits any camera effects applied to the main camera.
    • Destroying OVRManager no longer terminates MRC streaming from Oculus Quest, it will continue with the creation of a new instance of OVRManager.

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unity Integration to 1.41, including:
    • Updated the Audio Spatializer to 1.41
    • Updated the LipSync integration to 1.41
    • Updated the Platform integration to 1.41
    • Updated the Avatar integration to 1.41

Importing the latest Oculus Integration

When importing a new version of the Oculus Integration into an existing project, follow the steps on Importing the Oculus Utilities Package to ensure a smooth upgrade experience.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where PC apps may experience unexpected flicker when the Render Scale changes.

Known Issues

Please read the release notes in their entirety here: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration/

Legacy Unity Release Archive

Legacy versions of the Unity Integration can be found in the Unity Integration Archive.

The thread for the previous version (v1.40) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/80332/oculus-unity-integration-v1-40-08-29-19
7 REPLIES 7

jelmer_s2
Protege
Teleportation is STILL broken. 

warrenEBB
Protege
quick question (for anyone): i see the compatibility page linked from this update listing this version of Unity : 2019.1.2f1
but the Unity Hub only offers 2019.1.14f1 or 2019.2.9f1. (and Unity's Download Archive page also has no listing for 2019.1.2.f1 exactly. it does have a 2019.1.2 from May 10, 2019)
in this case, would you recommend going back to 1.14f1, going forward to 2.9f1, or sticking with the 1.2 without-the-f1?
Just curious what the best gamble is, usually, in these situations.

andybak
Explorer
@warrenEBB It's only the first two numbers that really matter with Unity versions. The numbers after that usually indicate minor bug fixes and should never result in breaking changes (in theory).

Also - never go back a version (again - only taking into consideration the first two version numbers) - bad things can sometimes happen. If you must go back a version and you can't restore your project to via a VCS or a backup then delete all folders apart from Assets, ProjectSettings and Packages when you do so.

So - in your case - you will be OK with *any* Unity version 2019.1 or later. Currently that means 2019.1 or 2019.2.

2019.3 will be out of beta soon and in theory that should also work but it's up to Oculus to ensure they are ready and have tested against this version. If they can't sort that out in time they need to post clear warnings on the download page.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's an interesting issue when using OVRInput.GetUp(). As used below, we would expect to receive a true return value only on a frame where the start button has been released on the left controller. However, we are also getting a true value when the right controller receives focus (for example, if you wiggle the right controller).

Easy repro - simply output the value below in a loop. Note the expected single-frame true response when you press and then release the start button on the left Touch controller. Note the unexpected single-frame true response when you wiggle the right Touch controller 🙂

bool up = OVRInput.GetUp(OVRInput.Button.Start, OVRInput.Controller.LTouch);

This only happens on Quest - behavior on Rift is as expected.

Hypermoon
Honored Guest
I think this might be affecting me even though I am using unity 2019.2?

(Mobile) You'll need to either switch the AndroidBuildSystem to internal or export a Gradle project and modify the SigningConfig in the build.gradle file to include v1SigningEnabled=true, v2SigningEnabled=false.

Because of the error I'm getting here https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/81558/oculus-go-the-apks-for-3dof-platforms-should-...

But with this version of unity you can no longer switch the system to internal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's an interesting issue when using OVRInput.GetUp(). As used below, we would expect to receive a true return value only on a frame where the start button has been released on the left controller. However, we are also getting a true value when the right controller receives focus (for example, if you wiggle the right controller).

Easy repro - simply output the value below in a loop. Note the expected single-frame true response when you press and then release the start button on the left Touch controller. Note the unexpected single-frame true response when you wiggle the right Touch controller 🙂

bool up = OVRInput.GetUp(OVRInput.Button.Start, OVRInput.Controller.LTouch);

This only happens on Quest - behavior on Rift is as expected.

For me OVRInput doesn't work at all for my touch controllers (Oculus Quest). I tried on Unity 2019.3.9b and Unity 2018.4.12f1 with Oculus Integration 1.41.

alicialiu
Honored Guest

Hi @mouse_bear , I am still seeing Quest 1 Widevine DRM security level is L3 on latest version.  Does that mean Quest 1 support only rendering Widevine L1 content onto OVROverlay , but not having the ability to decrypt Widevine L1 video stream?