cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Utilities] Several OVRManager toggles do nothing

drash
Heroic Explorer
Doing some testing with Oculus Utilities for Unity 0.1.0 + Unity 5.1.2p2.

• Toggling OVRManager.instance.usePositionTracking seems to do nothing (when set to false, position tracking is still working).

• Toggling OVRManager.instance.monoscopic seems to do nothing (when set to false, it remains stereoscopic).

• Toggling OVRManager.instance.chromatic seems to do nothing (when set to false, the screen is vertically flipped, producing nausea).

For me personally, the monoscopic one is most important one. Anyone know if there are plans to support this one? Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if this got messed up because they added multiple camera support back in 5.1.2p2.

I would like to see position tracking and monoscopic settings be settable per camera. Now that we have option for eye selection per camera, as well as layered cameras, it also makes sense to have these options be on the camera as well. Position tracking option per camera will be necessary to fix some of the camera issues people are seeing (water/mirror effects, etc.).

It would be cool to have monoscopic camera for rendering distant objects (background space, city skyline, mountains, etc.), and another stereoscopic camera layered on top for close rendering where depth actually has an impact.

ccs

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I believe this is a bug and have filed a report. Thanks for the feedback.