cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orientation lost when using a gamepad

labyrinthtest
Honored Guest
Hi,

I'm trying to use a PS3 gamepad (actually not the original one) with the oculus in unity, it didn't work with the OVRplayercontroller, so I used the standard First Person Controller with the OVRcameracontroller . It is actually working but I have some extrange issue: the orientation remains static, I mean no matter what direction I'm looking at with the oculus, If I push the joystick to the forward direction it always goes to the same place. To understand what was going on there, I attached a physical object (a stick) to the First person controller and then when I moved my head, the stick remained still, the stick was controlled by the mouse, and the orientation of the First person controller as well, as long as if I push the joystick to the forward direction it goes to the direction the stick is pointing to. Any idea of how can I make it work normally? I don't have much experience so I'm aware it could be some simple thing, but I'm absolutely stucked. 😐
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
I recall hearing about issues with the PS3 controller. You should use a wired Xbox360 controller.

labyrinthtest
Honored Guest
Alright, I solved it. I used again the OVRplayercontroller. With this controller unity doesn't recognize gamepads (at least mine, but I guess most of them neither), so I used an independent application, Gamepadder, to asign macros to the stick and some buttons recalling the keyboard keys. Of course it is useful when your intention is to use the game you are making for your own, since anyone that wants to play the game will need the program as well. But in my case, it worked ;D