cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough Layer is Black on Meta Quest Pro

helensloeb
Explorer

Hello everyone!

I've been trying development with the new Meta Quest Pro and I just haven't been able to figure out passthrough. I tried setting up a project with online tutorials and when I build the scene, the passthrough is black. Even in the sample passthrough scenes that come with Oculus Integration Package, the passthrough looks black. 

The project should be set up correctly. I followed this Step By Step: http://www.lancelarsen.com/xr-step-by-step-setting-up-mixed-reality-passthrough-for-your-oculus-ques... 

I also looked at this video which went basically went through the same steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u3QQi6Gnx0&t=207s

I also tried the scenes with the Meta Quest 2 and the passthrough was still black. Anyone got any ideas?

23 REPLIES 23

dario.maciel
Adventurer

I tested using Unreal and the passthrough is ok on Quest Pro. So you did something wrong or its a bug from the Unity version

helensloeb
Explorer

Has anybody been successful trying the passthrough on the Meta Quest Pro using Unity?

Be sure to select PassThrough enabled on the camera rig. That worked for me.

The next issue I have is with the passthrough video feed. It has lots of tiny slashes through it and extra camera warping. Almost like the passthrough mesh has tears. It only shows in the build and cant be recorded.

Screenshot 2022-11-01 153859.png

Is your Unity project URP or just regular 3D core?

I have ticked Passthrough Capability Enabled and Enable Passthrough. The other thing I see different from your project is that my materials are missing. I think it's because the oculus integration package doesn't work well with URP. My current project is URP but I'm currently trying the same in a new 3D core project.

Edit: I made a new project that is 3D core, and now the materials are back but the "underlay" is still black. I have no idea why this might be. Would you be kind enough to go through your project settings and build settings so I can understand what might be wrong with my project?

Edit #2: I thought updating Unity might be the solution, but after updating it, and setting up the experiment once more, the passthrough is still black when I build it.

I started with URP core and then converted the default materials using the material conversion tool. 

mreimer_0-1667439248925.png

Make sure to install OpenXR and select Oculus

mreimer_1-1667439287281.pngmreimer_2-1667439297745.pngmreimer_3-1667439316600.png

On the 'CenterEyeAnchor' underneath OVRCameraRig, try setting the 'Background' for the 'Camera' to black with zero alpha...

raeldor_0-1667467922466.png

Tried that. Didn't work 

I have everything as you have and it is still not working. When you import the oculus integration package, do you enable the openXR thing? 

Might there be anything else causing this problem?

Yes, im using OpenXR. BTW That whole process is confusing.

Here is a copy of my project for checking settings. Project Sample