cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] OVRCameraRig & Use Per Eye Cameras: Turning on and off cursor problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I want to turn on/off the OVRCameraRig property Use per eye cameras to display stereoscopic or monoscopic video.
I want to use a single camera for both eyes in the menu and then turn on/off the Use per eye cameras option as needed.
If I enable this option in runtime, the gaze cursor's (OVRGazePointer) position is not in the center anymore, but half a way between the center and top border. If I enable this option in the object inspector, then the cursor works fine until disabling and re-enabling per eye cameras. 
Do I need to switch OVRInputModule's Ray Transform object? If so, which one? At the moment I'm having it set to CenterEyeAnchor.
4 REPLIES 4

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Use per eye cameras is enabled in the Sample Framework's StereoMonoRoom sample and the gaze cursor still tracks properly. Can you compare your setup to that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, thanks for replying. I'll take a look at sample. This is probably in the latest Sample Framework release?

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Yes, that is 1.5.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I managed to resolve this by enabling per eye cameras in the inspector and disabling this option once the app is running. Cursor now stays in the center at all times.

Thanks!