cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no "Create store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml" menu

shawnfromportla
Explorer
I have an app ready for upload to the oculus store for Oculus Go. development version builds and runs great on device.

My app is not accepted when uploading to the store beta channel with some basic errors which should be easy to resolve.
the official oculus documentation says:
"To generate the Oculus store-compatible Android manifest file, in the menu, go to Oculus > Tools > Create store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml." ( developer dot oculus dot com / documentation/unity/unity-conf-settings/)
However I do not have this menu option:
x3xonmst3rkp.png

using Unity 2019.3.10f1 with the following oculus integration:
u8y3201lqmhl.png

The values in the android manifest i need to change are simple, as shown in the oculus store when I attempt to upload the APK:
k3igtn54icvz.png

HOW CAN I EDIT THE MANIFEST APPROPRIATELY????

1 REPLY 1

shawnfromportla
Explorer
If anyone has this problem I solved it on my own (somehow).

here's what I did:
view the current APK's android manifest in android studio using android studio's APK analyzer. copy and paste that into a new text file, remove everything except for the xml doctype and  <manifest> tag using all the same attributes as it already had and the existing <activity> tag with all the same attributes, and then  manually specifying the <action> and <category> as oculus requested, within an <intent-filter> tag.

saved the file in my unity project to: Assets\Plugins\Android\AndroidManifest.xml

the gradle build in unity 2019 magically merges the auto-generated manifest with my custom manually created one and.... it actually worked somehow!

I got the idea from the unity documnetation page here (oculus forum says im not allowed to post links yet):
docs dot unity3d dot com/Manual/android-manifest.html