cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnauthorizedAccessException:Access to the path"Assets/Oculus/VR/Plugins/1.32.0/Android/OVRPlugin.aar

DHARMAKAYA
Protege
What is this and why is it happening?
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "Assets/Oculus/VR/Plugins/1.32.0/Android/OVRPlugin.aar" or "Temp/StagingArea/aar/OVRPlugin.aar" is denied.
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, System.Boolean overwrite) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
Looked on the Unity forums and somebody basically said changing the OVRPlugin file extension to .bak (or simply deleting it) got rid of that error... that is not a solution!

How to properly get rid of this ridiculous error? I want to make an app today! Been hassling with this for days! 

9 REPLIES 9

itsafeature
Explorer
I am also seeing the issue. I have looked in the staging area in the temp folder and it looks like the OVRPlugin.aar file is getting set to read only. I am guessing this is the problem. I have change it from read only and I am trying a build to see if that temporarily fixes the problem but it seems to replace them everytime

DHARMAKAYA
Protege
Maybe removing all the oculus packages from the package manager solves that. 

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Thank you for the heads up, and sorry for the frustration! Our engineers have found that any Oculus packages within the Package Manager can cause a critical conflict within the editor. At this time, we recommend to either refrain from updating to Unity 2018.3.0f2, or to remove any Oculus packages from within the Package Manager. 

Keep in mind, a default project will automatically add the Oculus packages from the Package Manager so be sure to remove them when starting a new project.

itsafeature
Explorer
Thanks for the advice @NinjaGaijin. I have also noticed an additional issue. If I delete the Oculus folder or try to upgrade from the asset store even after I have removed Oculus and Android Oculus from package manager it get stuck when trying to replace the spatializer dll. 

sbrignell
Honored Guest
Hi I am new to Unity 2018.3.0, and come across this error as well. Where about is Package Manager and how to remove Oculus (Android) from there? My other suggestion perhaps go back to previous version of Unity 2018

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@sbrignell Refer to the following guide for info on how to access the Package Manager from within the Unity Editor: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.8/manual/index.html

DanielOS96_Sent
Protege
Any time I try to remove the Oculus (Android) package from package manager it instantly reinstalles it again. Does anyone know why it does that. I have VRTK installed.

Also any news from the oculus team on when this issue will be fixed?

IrregularExpr
Explorer
Update beyond 2018.3.0f2 and it works, I just upgraded to 2018.3.6f1 and all is fine now. You can't uninstall the package so updating is the only solution.

JosefGrunig
Explorer
Updated to Unity 2018.3.9f1 and the problem has gone.