cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Vr game encountering low fps and jitters in Quest 2 Latest upgrade

ravindra.sonavane
Honored Guest

Hi Guys, Need some help. I have two Oculus Quest 2 devices. And I updated one of them to the latest quest update version available. However, one of the Unity game that I have developed does not work (fps is really low and huge flickering) on the updated version, but works perfectly fine on Quest 2 with the older update Version. 

Quest 2 details with new quest update:

Version - 60.0.0.173.366.544898056
RunTime Version  - 60.0.0.175.366.544897891
OS Version - SQ3A.220605.009.A1

Quest 2 details with older quest update:

Version - 59.0.0.173.706.535795449 
RunTime Version  - 59.0.0.172.706.535797236
OS Version - SQ3A.220605.009.A1

I am not very sure why is this happening, I have also resetted the Quest 2 with newer version but it encounters the same issue. can someone please help ?

5 REPLIES 5

That's my absolute nightmare! With clients I usually ask thewm to keep the headsets off WiFi for precisely that reason... Do keep us posted of any findings you make. 

zbnc
Explorer

We are definitely experiencing this issue as well. Internally we've confirmed that our Quest2 headsets with v59 perform just fine, and an update to v60 causes very poor performance for significant portions of our game. Looking for any information regarding fixes / tweaks / settings. I am at the beginning of my search, so I'll post if I find anything. 

zbnc
Explorer

@ravindra.sonavane what version of Unity / Oculus SDK are you on? 

We are on Unity 2021.3.3f1 and Oculus SDK v56
We are attempting to update to unity 2021.3.4f1 so that we can try the next Oculus SDK (v57) to see if this solves any issues. Unfortunately we cannot update past 2021.3.5 due to a rendering issue that isn't fixed until unity 2022 (and we can't currently upgrade to unity 2022 for other reasons)

Abhishek029
Honored Guest

@ravindra.sonavane @zbnc @baroquedub 
Hi,
We are also facing the same issue. If you guys find the solution, please let us know as well.

zbnc
Explorer

We have now tried various configurations to try to regain performance. 

We isolated a single scene from our project into a new empty unity project and tested using different versions of the Oculus plugin vs. OpenXR and different versions of Unity. The only thing that has moved the needle at all was to upgrade to using OpenXR instead of the old Oculus v56 or v57 plugins. 

Unfortunately that isn't viable in the near term for us. We have a product that has 5 years of development around the original Oculus plugin, and while it is on our roadmap to migrate to using OpenXR, we can't make that leap in a short amount of time. In the meantime our app is performing very poorly on Quest2 and affects many of our users