cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Url path to Oculus GO

Anonymous
Not applicable
Building an VR/360 player app where I want the videos to be played from a local map on Oculus Go, having an hard time trying to find the right path. Let¨s say I drop the videos on Oculus Go video map. What would the url for unity video player be?

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10

zivschneider
Protege
Same problem here, would really appreciate help with this... Is it possible to just change the path in the Unity video player and if so what is the file path? 

Thanks!

zivschneider
Protege
thank you @imperativity, I will give these a try. Just to clarify - in my specific case this is an art installation and the app is not intended for distribution, so I can easily hard code the link and copy manually to each device this will be on. Do you have a tip for how to get this done quickly in the VideoPlayer url field? 

Much appreciated!
Ziv

milotimbol360
Honored Guest
Hi Ziv, were you able to figure this out? I have the same problem

zivschneider
Protege
hey @milotimbol360
check out this thread: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/comment/625495#Comment_625495
this path worked for me when I used it in a unity script: 
/mnt/sdcard/myfolder

milotimbol360
Honored Guest
@zivschneider I tried this but couldn't get it to work. Can you paste your code? This is the code I am using.  I attached a screenshot of where the file is when I connect the go to my computer

string fileName = "01-nape-pain.mp4";

string path = "/mnt/sdcard/myfolder/" + fileName;

VideoPlayer.source = VideoSource.Url;

VideoPlayer.url = path;

VideoPlayer.Pause();

evss9v30xnc0.jpg

On my computer if I change the code to use Application.persistentDataPath it works

string fileName = "01-nape-pain.mp4";

string path = Application.persistentDataPath + "/" + fileName;

VideoPlayer.source = VideoSource.Url;

VideoPlayer.url = path;

VideoPlayer.Pause();

mksp1470x4l1.jpg

That will work in windows, but on the oculus go it wont. But maybe because maybe I put the file in the wrong place? I read that its in the files folder. See screenshot.

9rc11pnufaoi.jpg

milotimbol360
Honored Guest
@zivschneider were you able to try it view the editor? please see screenshot, the string below doesnt work ive tried removing "file://". Actually anything I put there doesnt work. please help me

u510t8a8krg4.jpg

zivschneider
Protege
Here is my code, pretty similar:

string filePath = "/mnt/sdcard/Movies/38MBPS_1.mp4";
videoplayer.url = filePath;

full code here since it's doing more things I might be missing:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/158Y-jKQBDhj9MBBtNkcp5rFFi6mwm_NT/view?usp=sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear @zivschneider , thanks for the insight! So what exactly did you write into the URL field?
In your case: /mnt/sdcard/Movies/38MBPS_1.mp4  ?
And what gameobject did you attach your script to?

Thanks in advance
Felix from Berlin

lolo2k
Honored Guest
Hi, im working on exactly this right now. I entered the mnt/sdcard/Movies/xx.mp4 in the video url and loaded the script on my video manager object but it doesn't work. Can some1 please help me?