cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Meta Avatar with Normcore

Mikrofus
Honored Guest

Hello,

I'm currently trying tu use Normcore for a multiplayer game with Meta Avatar SDK.

Is it possible to implement my Meta avatars with Eye and Face tracking with Normcore to a network (I'm using a Meta Quest Pro) ? Or should I use a different solution like Photon instead ?

2 REPLIES 2

meek0ception
Explorer

Well the fundamental thing here is that the avatars sdk needs to interface in some form with your backend service to reflect avatar animations across multiple client instances right. There is quite some references and example implementations of Photon with Meta Avatars you can dissect. Normcore you may have to figure out yourself.

Here is the tutorial series I followed along with to understand how to implement networked avatars in a VR experience. This is one of the better walkthroughs I have found, although it is long (4-5 parts)Networked Avatars in a URP Unity scene - Step by Step part 1 Setting up XR and Oculus Management

Here is a more concise and focused implementation if you are just interested in the scripting and how the Avatars SDK interacts/communicates with the Photon Networking Scripts

Meta Avatar SDK with Photon in unity

If you're still lost there's this asset on the Unity Store that may prove useful

Meta Avatars PUN2 Multiplayer Template

Thanks for helping me ! I've come to conclusion that Photon was better for this. I've tried to implement the avatar with the same tutorial you gave me but was a bit lost with this tutorial haha.

But I'm going to check the other video you gave me !