Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRC TestAppShouldQuit fails erroneously

SplicedDNA
Protege
The VRC check fails with this log:

'''
Starting TestAppShouldQuit
Waiting for the application to run for 5 seconds before testing begins...
Starting test...
Sending a request to quit...
Failed to receive a call for ovr_Destroy on attempt to quit in 30 seconds
'''

I am 100% positive that my game is quiting gracefully. When manually testing the quit behavior from both the Oculus Home "return to menu" and Rift Core 2 Oculus Dash quit, my game promptly quits. I can confirm that Application.Quit() is being called in OVRManager.

I'm uncertain about ovr_Destroy because I am using Unity and assuming that it is being called under the hood.

How serious of a failure is this and would it prevent a successful submission to the Oculus Store?
9 REPLIES 9

LucasRizzotto
Explorer
Facing this exact issue. Don't know if it's something I should worry about. Failing on the 1.26 version too.

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
@SplicedDNA

We are looking into this on our end.

Can you provide the Unity version, Oculus Utilities version you are using? 

SplicedDNA
Protege
Hi @juanoldinho  

I am using Unity 2018.1 and OVRPlugin 1.25 . It should just work as long as Application.Quit is called in response to the events which is happening in OVRManager which I haven't changed.

SplicedDNA
Protege
Hi @juanoldinho  

I am using Unity 2018.1 and OVRPlugin 1.25 . It should just work as long as Application.Quit is called in response to the proper events, right? That is what is happening in OVRManager which I haven't changed.

mekiwi
Honored Guest
Hi, 

we're facing the same issue. The use case works manually but the test fails. Using Unity 2018.1, VRTK 2.2.1 and OVRPlugin 1.26.

Any findings on this issue from Oculus?

Dudevid
Honored Guest
Hi @juanoldinho. It's late August now and we're having this issue, too. Has there been any resolution? We are certain our application is exiting gracefully to Oculus Home. All of our exits happen via Application.Quit() in Unity.

vilya
Honored Guest
I'm using the C++ SDK and having the same problem. This is the output I get from the VRC Validator:
Starting TestAppShouldQuit
Waiting for the application to run for 5 seconds before testing begins...
Starting test...
Sending a request to quit...
Failed to receive a call for ovr_Destroy on attempt to quit in 30 seconds
Please refer to VRC Guidelines: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/vrc-pc-input-4/
Cleaning up...
Test FAILED
My program exits instantly once "Sending a request to quit" is printed. appears The total wall clock time from that point to "Test FAILED" being printed is well under 1 second and I can confirm, thanks to logging in my own code, that ovr_Destroy is definitely being called in that time.

I've tried running the VRC Validator as Administrator; this didn't make any difference.

The program exits cleanly if I follow the manual steps described for VRC.PC.Input.4

Any suggestions?

vilya
Honored Guest
Hi, sorry for the slow reply. I haven't uploaded my program to the store or created an appid for it yet, I've just been running the VRC Validator locally (using an appid borrowed from the Avatar SDK's Mirror sample for testing purposes).

guillermo.quesada
Honored Guest

Was this ever fixed? Getting the same issue using UE4