cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the trial code?

Jerware
Explorer
I'm probably missing something obvious, but where is the code for the 4-month free trial for Unity Pro? I don't see it in the documentation or anywhere in the SDK box. Hmm... I wrote Unity about it last week and they said the SDK should come with a code.
57 REPLIES 57

Pyromuffin
Honored Guest
I too would like to know. my current 30-day unity pro trial has expired.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So is unity pro absolutely required for development, or just to build the included demo?

The doc isn't clear...

SiggiG
Protege
"rbristow" wrote:
So is unity pro absolutely required for development, or just to build the included demo?

The doc isn't clear...

Pro is required yes 😞 Rift needs both fullscreen image effects and the plugin, and both are exclusive to the Pro version.

Anton
Honored Guest
Didn't I just see something about Unity extending a 4-month licence to Unity Pro for all oculus backers? Might help you if your 30 day is out.

digital
Explorer
"Anton" wrote:
Didn't I just see something about Unity extending a 4-month licence to Unity Pro for all oculus backers? Might help you if your 30 day is out.

Yes... but how do we actually get this extension?

everygamer
Explorer
"rbristow" wrote:

The doc isn't clear...

Unity Pro is required for the Oculus because some of the features needed by the Oculus to function is only offered in the Pro version of Unity. Or at least this is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong.

IronfireDave
Honored Guest
Hi all. I'm hooked on Unity after trying both Unity free and UDK - it's just awesomely flexible and the ability to target all those different platforms is so fantastic. I can't quite justify the purchase price of Unity Pro just yet, but hope to be able to once I have a couple of projects a but further down the road. In the mean time I want to maximize my pro trial time - can anyone see any problem with the following (e.g. pro trials won't work consecutively or whatever): work with Unity free until my rift arrives, then enable the standard one month Unity Pro trial, then once that's expired, start the 4 month Oculus developer Pro trial? Hopefully by then I'll be six or seven months into the development of something that I'll think is worthy of the expenditure!

Cheers,

Daveo

MrGeddings
Explorer
I think they said in April so hopefully about next week there will be an update on here that will give us the codes or perhaps codes will be mailed out to anyone who bought a pre-order kickstarter (that should be the best way they should do it so that people dont end up making more then one account on the forum just to get the 4 month trial :-p)

it would be nce if the 4 month trial took away the little "trial" logo at the bottom of the screen and allowed us to share what we made if possible 😉 we'll see!

lo4d
Explorer
"IronfireDave" wrote:
In the mean time I want to maximize my pro trial time - can anyone see any problem with the following (e.g. pro trials won't work consecutively or whatever): work with Unity free until my rift arrives, then enable the standard one month Unity Pro trial, then once that's expired, start the 4 month Oculus developer Pro trial? Hopefully by then I'll be six or seven months into the development of something that I'll think is worthy of the expenditure!

I just submitted this same question in the "General Discussion" board as well as submitting a request to Unity. I'll update if/when I hear back from them.