cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the trial code?

Jerware
Explorer
I'm probably missing something obvious, but where is the code for the 4-month free trial for Unity Pro? I don't see it in the documentation or anywhere in the SDK box. Hmm... I wrote Unity about it last week and they said the SDK should come with a code.
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

We'll be sending out the Unity Pro trial codes with Rifts in the next few weeks. We're still finalizing the details of delivery, but it will probably be through the Oculus Order Manager.

Sorry for the delay!

-- Nate

CaliberMengsk
Explorer
I would also like to point out that there may be a way to get the information from the oculus into unity free, but visual distortion wouldn't be done. I made a post about it in the same forum section. I don't have my oculus yet to test it, but it could allow for basic development with the free version, then you may be able to take that basic version to some kind of investor to get the unity pro license. (or kickstarter or what not)

As said, I can't say for sure it will be possible as I can't test without an oculus.

mire
Explorer
I'm in the same boat as a couple of other posters - 30-day trial just expired, can't really justify $1,500 for the license yet. I know Nate posted on Monday saying the codes would be going out within a few weeks, just wanted to urge you guys along 🙂

Cheshyr
Honored Guest
I am also curious about the Pro trial:

- Roughly when should be expect to be able to enable our 4 month Pro trial?
- Is the 4 month trial a replacement for the standard 1 month Pro trial, or in addition?

lo4d
Explorer
"Cheshyr" wrote:
- Is the 4 month trial a replacement for the standard 1 month Pro trial, or in addition?

I still haven't heard back from Unity on this. I really don't want to lose my 4 month trial, but I REALLY want to start developing. I've submitted this in a number of different formats... all to no avail. I decided to submit feedback to Oculus to see if they could provide some insight, and got this today:

We are going to review your request and we will contact you within the next 48 hours.

Once I hear back from someone, I'll update here and in the thread I started.

lo4d
Explorer
Rec'd a response from Unity last night on the two trial question:

Yes, this is fine. Feel free to check with me for a quote if you would like to buy the commercial license.

So both trail versions can be used 🙂 This will help ease the wait for me.

Cheshyr
Honored Guest
"lo4d" wrote:
Rec'd a response from Unity last night on the two trial question:

Yes, this is fine. Feel free to check with me for a quote if you would like to buy the commercial license.

So both trail versions can be used 🙂 This will help ease the wait for me.

Excellent; thanks for doing the legwork on this. I'm still torn between which engine to use, and I wanted to have the time to really dig in. The response makes me feel much better.

IronfireDave
Honored Guest
Yes, thanks - that's good news. I've started my free trial, and I don't think my Rift will arrive within 30 days...

dopplex
Honored Guest
I've received my Rift, and my impression is that the trial (or a code for it) should have been in the box somewhere - I may be missing something obvious, but I'm not finding it anywhere. Should it actually be in the same package as the dev kit, or am I misunderstanding?

Jerware
Explorer
"dopplex" wrote:
I've received my Rift, and my impression is that the trial (or a code for it) should have been in the box somewhere - I may be missing something obvious, but I'm not finding it anywhere. Should it actually be in the same package as the dev kit, or am I misunderstanding?

That's pretty much what I said when I started the thread. 🙂 TL;DR: There is no code yet. Oculus will provide them in the coming weeks sometime.

My 1-month pro trial is nearing its expiration date. Here's hoping Oculus gets around to providing them sooner rather than later!